Question about Caribe Tours

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
1. Anyone know the rates from Sosua to Santo Domingo?

2. Where exactly do they leave you in Santo Domingo?

3. Any car rental companies near the drop off place?

4. How frequent do they travel this route daily?

Thanks...

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I know a little bit...

1. Anyone know the rates from Sosua to Santo Domingo?

Should be around RD$130 r/t

2. Where exactly do they leave you in Santo Domingo?

Don't know the exact address, but it's right in the center of town.

3. Any car rental companies near the drop off place?

There should be...but if not, it's close by everything...take a cab...

4. How frequent do they travel this route daily?

Every hour beginning at 7:00 a.m.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
RD$160 from Santo Domingo to Sosua. The buses leave hourly, both ways, but early in morning until about 7pm. 7 days a week. The bus takes you to the bus terminal in Sosua. You can take a taxi from there to any hotel in Sosua for RD$60. In Santo Domingo, the CaribeTour terminal is the final point. There are a couple of street corners where people can get off before them, assuming you know city well and have a reason to get off. Most people go to terminal. You can take a taxi from there to almost any point in the city for RD$80. In Santo Domingo you would have to take a taxi to get to a car rental location.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Thanks a million. I'm debating whether to rent the car in POP and drop it off in SDQ once I'm done and skip the bus altogether. The car rental companies charge you a drop off fee and wanted to weigh my options.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Why would you want to drive to Santo Domingo? By bus from Puerto Plata, it will take about 4 hours to get to Santo Domingo. The bus is air conditioned, seats are comfortable, and they show video tapes. From Puerto Plata the price is about RD$140.

Drop off the car in Puerto Plata, avoid the drop-off fee, and arrive in Santo Domingo with your nerves intact.