Need Airfares for end of August-PLEASE HELP!

carcoll

Mar 31, 2003
Hi everyone, I am new to this message board.
I've always read it but now I am logged in!

I have to go to Santiago or Puerto Plata for a Family Gathering at the end of August 2003 and am looking for flights. I can't find anything cheaper than $580. I most likely will need about 15 flights for other people but where can I find cheap flights...........why is it so expensive at that time? I want to leave on Aug. 27 and return on Sept. 4, 2003. I've mostly looked at the obvious websites, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, etc......

where can I get a deal?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
carcoll said:
..why is it so expensive at that time? I
where can I get a deal?

August is VERY busy with the Europeans and Italians particularly coming in droves and the PanAm games are in Agust too. You may want to check with charters and see if you can get 15 non stop seats air only.

You may also want to say if you live in USA and where or Canada or Peru or W.H.Y.

From major gateways you can "probably" find charters to PP , not Santiago. Certainly from Toronto they have them through the summer though sparse.

Otherwise you've used the major sites and I assume AA.com.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Re: Re: Need Airfares for end of August-PLEASE HELP!

ricktoronto said:
You may also want to say if you live in USA and where or Canada or Peru or W.H.Y.

Somebody may be able to direct you to a deal if we know where you are coming from. Regards, PJT

carcoll

Mar 31, 2003
thanks for your suggestions!

I would need departures from Newark-NJ or any airport in NY

Atlantis

Aviastar MkII
Jun 8, 2003
If you want to pay less and you have several people you can try Air Santo Domingo to S Domingo.

EX702 JFK SDQ 27AUG 757 0900 1256
EX701 SDQ JFK 04SEP 757 1415 1809

437 USD with all taxes.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
yawn...

it just seems that you know who Aviastar is. After all, you are posting from his computer.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
cmedina07 said:
yawn...

it just seems that you know who Aviastar is. After all, you are posting from his computer.

Good detective work if Atlantis is Aviastar then santobonao is samana1.

Maybe Robert needs to block by IP though that is often ineffective.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
ricktoronto said:
Good detective work if Atlantis is Aviastar then santobonao is samana1.

Maybe Robert needs to block by IP though that is often ineffective.

by god DR. Holmes, I think you've got it...lol

blocking by IP would not solve the issue..there are so many programs outthere that "spoof" your IP.

Some of us love DR1 so much that we cannot be away from it I guess... :)

SamoraMachel

Jun 1, 2003
End of August flight out of NY or Newark for $496

I just came across a deal on Orbitz for a flight to La Romana, leaving from JFK or Newark for about $496. This is an American Airlines flight with a layover in Puerto Rico. Should I jump on this opportunity or hold out for even less. Has anyone here seen flights going for a cheaper rate?

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Good spelling

santobonao said:
ricktoronto what happen is you are aviatar

You cannot even spell your own name , well done, good job.

You would be aviastar <--------star

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Re: End of August flight out of NY or Newark for $496

SamoraMachel said:
I just came across a deal on Orbitz for a flight to La Romana, leaving from JFK or Newark for about $496. This is an American Airlines flight with a layover in Puerto Rico. Should I jump on this opportunity or hold out for even less. Has anyone here seen flights going for a cheaper rate?

Since the Italians are still about in August and the games may still be on, there may be limited opportunity for cheaper fares and frankly that is a pretty good fare anyway, so if you are happy with the routing, then buy it. You can always rollover if it gets cheaper but that is unlikely.

And via EWR vs. JFK for sure.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
look ricktoronto i dont care if a spell bad. and i not in this forums to fight with you this forums is about dr aviation and i had right to talk about aeromar,naa,aa,co whatever that i wants

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
santobonao said:
look ricktoronto i dont care if a spell bad. and i not in this forums to fight with you this forums is about dr aviation and i had right to talk about aeromar,naa,aa,co whatever that i wants

Sure, just say something that is actually informative vs. blabbering on to see your own posts. I agree this forum should convey news to the readers or members, the operative word being news and not "whatever santo wants to write today for no reason".

If tourists need advice as to routes or fares there is another thing that one may offer help to them for.