Miss Universe on Regis and Kelley

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Miss Universe on Regis and Kelly

One of the guests this morning was Miss Universe. Beautiful, poised, and a big hit with the hosts and audience. I predict a bright future for her as a model or in TV/movies.

She already speaks English very well, and it will get even better during the months ahead.

Last edited:

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
your prediction will likely prove correct

It is a well worn path for beauty queens, especially in the DR.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Criss...watch out!!!

The Dominican censors are out there persecuting anyone who says anything negative about Miss GUMS 2003.

The latest victim is the Univision program "El Gordo y La Flaca", a very popular gossip program who spares no one with their gossip. They were accused of racial discrimination by the likes of Freddy Beras Goico and other Dominican TV personalities, who are on a campaign to boycott Univision.

Univision was even blackmailed into apologizing for simply saying that Miss Gums 2003, Amelia Vega was using cork from Sammy's bat in her body. They admitted they made the joke, but that it was just a joke. Well, it wasn't. It is a fact that Amelia had corrective GUM surgery and other enhancements to compete, and that Sammy was fair game for comedians' jokes all over the world.

Besides, where is the discrimination here? El Gordo and La Flaca have earned a great reputation giving us for years the hottest gossip in entertainment and they have spared no one. Race does not matter to them. If you are famous you are fair game and we all enjoy it. This is why people watch this program and support gossip programs more than others.

And Freddy Beras Goico is the last person qualified as a critic on discrimination. Mr. Goico's programs El Gordo de La Semana and his ongoing show Con Freddy y Milagros(Milagros German, former beauty queen) have humiliated thousands of homosexuals, fat people, alcoholics, the poor, stutterers, the deaf, handicapped and dark people for years with their situation comedies. Some of their portrayals of Dominican with disabilities are plain disgusting. He should keep his mouth shut and search himself. So are all the other critics, specially the musicians involved, who with their obscene music are ridiculing our country abroad.

Besides, Amelia Vega is as white as any white American. She is not Ruth Ocumarez. She is not your typical Dominican. She is just an overblown, overrated 18 year old, who will have to use her body to make it in show business.

I would put my money on a young talent like Lebron James before I bet on Amelia Vega's career. In fact, Michelle Rodriguez, a Dominican in Hollywud now has a better chance to succeed in show business than Amelia as a singer.

And as for Sammy, he is lucky comedians have not taken up on him for his illiteracy rather than his corky bat.

I still support Sammy 100% and I will not judge him for his situation. You see...I never took him seriously as a model citizen and role model for youth. To me he was always a chump with a great talent for hitting a baseball. And that's all I want him to do. As far as I am concerned, he should close down his foundation and spend his money in women and cars. I would not do it any other way.

Tony C. who lives in Miami knows what I am talking about. Dominicans like to throw darts at other nationalities and races, but cannot take a hit. Dominicans dump on Cuban-Americans all the time. I do it myself. But when Puerto Ricans or Argentinians dump on Dominicans they get mad. I don't. I give as I take.

TW

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"El Gordo Y El Flaco"! Sounds like you and me!!!

Why don't we have our own TV Show here in Santo Domingo? We will say the same things we post on DR1! We will let no one escape our truth! The Dominican "No Spin Zone"!
Politicians,Baninter,Chopos,Sex,economy,Haitians,"Los Ricos y Los Pobres" "Touristas"! Fashion,Food & Wine,Art,Night Life,Pan Am "Non"-Games,everything and everyone fair game! Cris

bladeNYC

May 14, 2003
www.dr1.com
can you stop!!! lol

don't try to tell me that she is intelligent,or educated,she is neither!

Come one guys give her a break for god sakes. She's only 18 years old. The immature is just assisting high school "not high education" hello.

bladeNYC
DR1, my new bARRIO

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: can you stop!!! lol

bladeNYC said:

Come one guys give her a break for god sakes. She's only 18 years old. The immature is just assisting high school "not high education" hello.

bladeNYC
DR1, my new bARRIO

Sorry but she decided to be in the Limelight! If she can't take the heat get the maid in the kitchen to do the cooking.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com

How can you say that do you know her personally?

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Criss,

Not that I care much to defend Amelia but can you tell me how you have determined that she is not intelligent? Did you personally give her an IQ test to find out? I'm just curious and would really like to know so that I can have a better idea on how to determine people's inner abilities!

DR_DEFENDER

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
She gave a long interview to "Primer Impacto"

She is a hollow as a ping-pong ball,as shallow as an ice rink,and as interesting as watching paint dry! Pretty as HELL though!I would like to see her "Neckid"!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC;)