chimichurri

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
can anyone direct me to a supplier of sausages that they use for chimichurris.....in the usa?

FRANK PACHECO

Jun 4, 2003
well for one thing it has to be a closed kind of sausage, you know the kind that you have to slice open with the knive.
it sound stupid but if you ever saw anyone preparing chimichurri in dr. you'd know what I'm talking about.
I believe you can find it at any meat market place.
I'll look into it, and will let you know.

Last edited:

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
i know what it is ....im dominican
all i can find in my meat market is brakwurst (or however its spelled)and italian sausage !
none are chimichurri

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
It is a meat patty similar to hamburgers, but thinner and with more fat content. As to the original animal from where the meat came... you don't need to know. Trust me ;)

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
haha

i checked out your website and saw your recipe for it.

thanks for the info and nice website by the way

:)

lucycelestino

Feb 12, 2006
Mereco
no te amarges mas la vida,el original chimichurri dominicano,no consiste de chorizo, consiste de carne molida!

el chorizo de chicmichurri no existe! el chorizo que buscas es el que viene de la marca "goya" y nunca lo ponen en la nevera,siempre los cuelgan afuera de la nevera en los supermercados

lucycelestino

Feb 12, 2006
Mereco
:surprised no te amarges mas la vida,el original chimichurri dominicano,no consiste de chorizo, consiste de carne molida!

el chorizo de chicmichurri no existe! el chorizo que buscas es el que viene de la marca "goya" y nunca lo ponen en la nevera,siempre los cuelgan afuera de la nevera en los supermercados
;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oh boy!

lucycelestino said:
Mereco
:surprised no te amarges mas la vida,el original chimichurri dominicano,no consiste de chorizo, consiste de carne molida!

;)
Lucy, I don't think that Mereco can "hear" you since he started this thread ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO!.

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
WHERE is your cape, Miguel? I nominate you for our dr1 Superhero, but I am not having an easy time of coming up with a catchy name; any suggestions?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Sure!

samanasuenos said:
WHERE is your cape, Miguel? I nominate you for our dr1 Superhero, but I am not having an easy time of coming up with a catchy name; any suggestions?
"Sanky Mikey, the biggest axx hole alive. Defender and offender of all".

Or the name given to me by my buddy AZB: "The purse carrying, rose giver, chair puller, bag carrier, card giver, door opener, pussywhipped whimp"!. I like the latter!.