Experiences with TAINO Airlines requested

Lesquireau

Jun 29, 2003
jue-walter.de
From July onwards Taino Airlines will fly from 3 minor airports in Germany to Puerto Plata and vice versa (via Romana). I've just booked 4 months in advance and would like to know whether you believe this 30-year-old company may keep to the promise or rather keep my money ?

By the way, the price is just right with the all the other airlines being either overbooked or too expensive.

HOW RELIABLE DO YOU JUDGE THIS BUSINESS ?

Juergen

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Nothing is guaranteed !

I just enquired with the office of Taino Airlines in Santo Domingo regarding these cheap flights about 2 weeks ago.
By that time I was informed that although they had signed contracts with a German tour operator they could not guarantee that these flights as scheduled for the beginnig of July would take place and they could not give me definite information on the German airports the flights would operate from.
The German travel agency in Puerto Plata which was supposed to handle these flights did not have any secure information.
I would therefore be very careful with theses people. As you know - unfortunately- you can never trust any Dominican company because most of them are extremely unreliable.

Lesquireau

Jun 29, 2003
jue-walter.de
hansbert, many thanx for your sceptical advice. Do you or anybody know how to check ? Taino's reliability? Their European seat is in Switzerland, not in the DR. Doesn't that imply more security? I'm not being too naive, aren't I ?

juergen

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
Taino Airlines has no permission to operate passenger flights. They applied in Aeronautica but it is still uncertain. They announced their first flight like for the end of June and look at them now.

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Approval by the government

The website of Taino Airlines contains timetables, fares etc. But at the end it says that all the operations require approval by the government but does not give any further specification.
If you consider the way how things usually function in this country of extremely slow proceeding and high irresponsibility I would say that it could take some more years until the obtain their licence !

Lesquireau

Jun 29, 2003
jue-walter.de
Well, you all do have con-arguments after doing intensive research. Since I don't know anything about the reputation and proceedings of Taino Airlines in Eorpe (Director Rainer Zeppritz), I've tried to get in touch with Zweibr?cken Airport, from where the first flight is on schedule this week. I will inform you about this.
Does anybody know how to cancel reservations ? The tickets are said to arrive this week. What do you think of transferring the money onto a mediating lawyer' account ?
I appreciate your advice very much.

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
Thanks. I haven't heard anything about them, but since they're flying DR-Europe they wouldn't be petitioning for US authority. Flying a 747SP, though? Their costs on that airplane will be through the roof.

Lesquireau

Jun 29, 2003
jue-walter.de
So here I am back again to keep you informed about what I found out. First the positive thing: I've booked 6 flights for 2003, which will all be paid one week before takeoff. And the negative aspect: we maybe will have to see to getting a standby ticket instead because TAINO -Germany will have failed.

Anyway, Rainer Zeppritz (director here in Germany) is an interesting protagonist on the market. The price (e.g. 410 bux to and fro Oct/Nov.) is catching our eyes , isn't it ? It's worth dealing with him personally unless you need to fly, of course !
Maybe my family and friends will be angry with me. I can't help it, but all the other airlines are much too expensive to be supported. We need competition here! RyanAir has proved how it goes.

Curious to have your opnion on that ! HansBert, where are you (German,too, I guess) ?