Want To Spend More Time Out In The DR!

kes74

Jul 6, 2003
Hi, ive just returned from DR last week. It been my 5th time over there. Stayed this time at the Iberostar Costa Dorado. 3 weeks on my own.
I met a lad out there, and want to go back ASAP, but to go again in a short time back into 5* All Inc, it gonna be a struggle.
Ive been told to get away from the All Inc lark and go book an aprtment or studio in Puerto Plata or nearby area. Then get a flight separate. I can then stay over there for say 2 months, maybe more at a time.
Only thing to consider is drink and food expense. Now, i dont eat much while away, but like a drink at night.
I do always go 4 or 5* when i stay in the DR as i like my comforts, lol.
Would i be happy renting somewhere or not ?
And can anyone give me any ideas as to how much an apartment would cost for a month ?
I want somewhere quite decent as well. Own shower/bath, tv, air cond, etc. Possibly pool as well. Then i need to work out flight prices and how much would need for like day to day living, food, drink, washing.
Is this the best thing to do. As every year i come back from the DR, i always say, i wanna go live out there. So, i think best thing is for me stay out the hotels isnt it, and go check apartments out for couple of months. Then im gonna know if i do wanna spend quality time there for long periods or not!
Thanks, if any can give me some advice

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
just scan the board and do some archive searches and you will find answers to all you questions. I think you will be sorry you wasted 5 vacations in AI's.
Larry