New members

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
an observation:

rob, at 35 pages, the member section of the media gallery is now a little disorganized. for example: there are a number of unlabelled photos, newer ones can be found on page 1 and on page 30 or thereabouts, there are shots of DR1 reunions that could have date and place listed, scenic shots are mixed in with shots of members. i have a couple of ideas to help unclutter the page.

i understand that it is the lowest priority on the website, but just as moderators have been appointed to the forums, how about appointing an archivist to maintain this portion of the website? as it is a very demanding postion, it should be at double the stipend allotted to moderators ;) . now bear in mind i am not volunteering for this postion, but do think that wud's the dude for the job (if he's willing, of course).

mob :classic:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think wud would be fantastic at organizing the media galary. Rob you are way too busy to keep up with it. I also agree that there should be two sections or maybe three.One for members only. One for member's family and one for the great scenes of the DR that people send in.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
tondra said:
That would be a great idea as I can't seem to locate the photo I had sent of myself some time ago.

If you weren't posing in a bathing suit, Tondra, it probably got deleted. ;)

tondra

Dec 12, 2002
www.professionalsintouch.com
I thought that might be the problem :)

I will have to get my courage up to post one of those.

Maybe that also explains why the board doesn't recognize me anymore when I come to the forums. It seems my "cookies" aren't recognized. I guess I have to show my real "cookies" before the board will let me in without having to sign in each time.;

Tondra

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hey Tondra

If you're here for the Dr-1 get together on the 18th. you can help work at the bar and hopefully the guys will qualify you for "Angel" status then I'll put your pics on my site. LOL

edited to add: I agree wud's da man

Last edited:

tondra

Dec 12, 2002
www.professionalsintouch.com
Thanks for the invite, Eddy!

I would love to be there to help with the DR1 party, but alas, I am stuck in Michigan. Funds are pretty tight right now.

Next time I am in the DR I will have to come visit you and the "angels."

I will be thinking of all you on the 18th while I party at our Taste of Battle Creek.

Tondra

E

EJA

Hlywud said:
More and more new members seem to be coming on board daily, welcome to DR1,

please upload your pictures to the media gallery so we can put a face to the name.

Thanks for the welcome, I am a new member and have already posted my pic, I'm on the first page , I'm the guy with the white shirt in the B&W photo. This site is wonderful!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Re: gallery

Hlywud said:
I setup the original gallery, all I need is Rob's access code to this one, and an email address to recieve the photo's.
No probs on this end.

The ball is in your court, Robert. The masses are clamoring for wud to take charge of the picture gallery.

Drugdog

Mar 28, 2003
Gallery Updat

It seems the vote has been cast, Has Robert decided? The citizens await the leaders speech. Unless some of the voters were from Florida? That darn chad debate could start again.

Wud if you do get elected let me know if my pic got downloaded ok. Should be a pic of me and my dog beside a cruiser. Did the download thing awhile back and have yet to see it.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I'm still waiting....

for the pictures of the Miami-DR1 reunion to be posted...

NL, JonS and the Queen...have we been banned from the gallery?

:cry:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
What's the hold up Robert? Is it difficult to change wud's account to moderator of the media galary? Is it possible?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Really I vote for that! It's hard to find anything in the media gallery as is. I spent 1/2 hour trying to wade through all the pictures and still couldn't find member photos tied to names etc. Nice photos but too much work to make it usable as is.

Robert

Robert has sent me an email and the changes are in the process, it will happen soon. He has been very busy give him a break, when I get access and a DR1 email account I will see that all the appropriate stuff gets posted.

Will be away from August 23 -31, not in the DR but doing my 2nd passion umpiring, I have been selected from over 3000 umpires to officiate at the Senior Men's Canadian Championships, a once in a life time opportunity and I couldnt turn it down.