cheap hotels

ladybug

Aug 26, 2002
i plan on driving around the dr. Can someone let me know of any cheap hotel/motels for a nite or two. The trip will start from Punta Cana and then probably the south end to west.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Hi ladybug

I dont know anything about the south but if you make it up toward the sosua, cabarete area, I can guide you toward some cheap but comfortable hotels in the $20 usd range. Just e-mail me if you head in that direction.
Larry

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
ladybug said:
i plan on driving around the dr.

That's not very specific. How about listing a potential route; at the least list the cities you intend to pass through.

Can you give us a hint? :)

Swede

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Ladybug, what price do you consider cheap? Give us a ballpark figure. Regards, PJT

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Please, give us the cities and we can help. Touristy type places have real hotels and good prices. Smaller towns just the Cabanas Touristicas. Btter accomodations, but slightly high prices (by the hour) Ha ha ha.

ladybug

Aug 26, 2002
My trip will start in punta cana, the airport. Eventually make my way to Santo Domingo and hopefully more west. A cheap hotel will be 20 USD a night. Sorry for not giving this info before.

In Santo Domingo there is a very nice small family run hotel named Mansion Gautreau, It is right next to the intercontinetal hotel and will run you 20-25 dollars a night and it is very secure and clean, I will try to find the number if I can but it is right there on the main strip or Malecon.

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
me too -

Can I get in too? Needed: 8/6 to 8/9 at 200-400 drp 18 km NW of SD. As I am new to computers, is that right? The directions i have are from JFK x Winston Crurchill 18 KM on Hwy 1 the right for 5 Km. Is that an area i can find a room in. I don't need fancy. I'm quiet and well behaved. I hope to be ehausted every night and just need sleep. Thanks -k

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Just resurrecting this old thread...

What's the best way to book some of the smaller hotels in Santo Domingo like the Palacio or Caribeno? Do you have to call each one or is there a company online that has rates?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
OK. You'll think I am slumming but, it was asked. When I've been in STDGO (dealing with Aduana and giving them all my money when I had none and just wanted sleep and quiet) I stayed at a little place called Hotel Victor. It's past the National Aquarium on the left side. Before the gas station at the entrance to the highway to Las Americas. Nothing spectacular, a bit run down but not really dirty in any way, but great really cold air conditioning that runs all night, and no noise!

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
now we ar getting somewhere

I still need a room, North West of STDGO Aug 5 -10
I can go $10- $20 or even $40. But I don't need luxury.
I get the feeling that these US$10-20 hotels don't have a phone or take reservations. Am i right?

Did I understand correctly [HB, on a different thread] that Villa Altegracia is a prison? If so right neigborhood, but not my kind of place. I'm not very picky, but i need to go to work in the morning.

Tourist cabanas are begining to sound just fine for 8 hours, or do you have to have company, or do they wake you up every hour to pay.
Thanks, K

Very large smile, DR "here i come ready or not!"

Last edited:

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
Thanks "here I come ready or not!"

Escot, and everyone else too. Thanks.

I'm arriving right in the middle of things. [For one or the minor sports.] Sorry i can't stay longer, but a short visit is better than none at all. ["Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."]
I have also been told,' there are no hotels out that way.'
NW out of STDGO on Duarte Hwy. I am unclear is that is because it is such a bad neighborhood, or too fancy a neighborhood? Seems to depend on where you turn to get there.

I don't need any luxury, but I'll never live it down if I'm not safe.
Thanks, K

Last edited: