Non All Inclusives in Romana/Bayahibe

arminvit

Jul 5, 2003
Are there any regular hotels in the Romana/Bayahibe area? Some requirements that I'd be looking for are that the hotel be near or on the beach, clean, upwards of 50-70 USDollars and cute if possible.

By "regular hotels" I mean no resorts or all-inclusives.

Thanks!

jorge_33

May 27, 2003
the ones I know in la Romana are Hotel Olimpo and Hotel Frano... cheap and clean... between $US 16 and 25 p/night. both are located on Avenida Padre Abreau or something like that (it is one of the main streets in la Romana) sorry I do't have the phne number.
Regards,
jorge

Jake Ryan

May 16, 2003
Hotels in the village of Bayahibe

Hotel Bayahibe and Llaves del Mar are both nice, inexpensive small hotels in the village of Bayahibe. Their rates are usually no more than 25 a nite for clean rooms with screened windows, fans and private bath.

There's also an abundance of cabanas which vary in price - all cheaper than the hotels, and are quite comfortable though some have shared bathrooms.

In Bayahibe, nothing is far from the water and a walk to the public beach is about a 3-5 minute walk from the village along the bay - longer if you stop for ice cold El Presidentes at the Issa Mar cafe. This is also where you would catch any boats for scuba/snorkeling, or excursiones to Saona or Catalina islands.

If you'd like more info and pictures of most of the places, I also write for the travel website www.igougo.com under the guidename Jake Ryan. Hope you've a great time; and if you're there in a couple of weeks, I'll see you there!

Shony

Nov 5, 2003
Re: Hotels in the village of Bayahibe

Jake Ryan said:
Hotel Bayahibe and Llaves del Mar are both nice, inexpensive small hotels in the village of Bayahibe. Their rates are usually no more than 25 a nite for clean rooms with screened windows, fans and private bath.

I've been searching the INTERNET for the past couple hours, trying to find CONTACT INFO for any of the two hotels mentioned above!

Please, post their phone numbers if you have'em!

Thank You!

Shony

Nov 5, 2003
Thanks...

Oldhippy...

Thanks a bunch for the phone no.!

I just called and my fear proved to be right on the spot... nobody speaking english there (right now)!

Tried to dig into my very limited spanish, and the guy responded in FRENCH! (telling me to call tomorow at 10)

I sure hope there'll be somebody there speaking english!

Shony

Nov 5, 2003
Hotel Bayahibe FULLY BOOKED! :(

Just called and got the bad news...

Anybody with some suggestions?

I asked for Llaves del Mar's phone no. but they could not get it for me (Miguel was nowwhere to be found)!

Anybody w/ a phone no. for LLAVES DEL MAR?

Or any other suggestions for a hotel/place to stay in Bayahibe for a couple days (Dec. 21-23)?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Shony,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

Got this from the Yellow Pages - closest I could find.

Good Luck

Hotel Tur?stico Llave De Mar
Principal 14
La Romana
(809) 833-0081

Gregg

Shony

Nov 5, 2003
Re: Hi Shony,

FireGuy said:
Hotel Tur?stico Llave De Mar
Principal 14
La Romana
(809) 833-0081

MANY THANKS, GREGG!

I just called'em, spoke to DANY and got my reservation!
He was kind & helpfull, explaining me my choices/prices & location!
Asked me kindly to call a couple days ahead (as a reminder) to make sure everything's set!

Good job!

Thx again!