La Romana night life?

speedin_saab

Jul 12, 2003
I was thinking of going to Iberostar in La Romana, alone, in September. I want to go there mostly for the nice beaches, snorkeling, and SCUBA. But I'm worried that it is a little too quiet there at night. Are there ANY clubs there to go to at night? Any clubs with locals, or is it all tourists?

Thanks
Phillip

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
The happening night life is at Altos de Chevon. It is a quaint "village" that was created by the resort, Casa de Campo. It's several miles from the resort and open to the public. Many higher-class dominicans frequent the disco there. They also have an ampitheatre with very good entertainment. There are many restaurants and bars. My 21-year old son loves the disco; and has met many beautiful girls there. Be prepared to dress appropriately. For men, shirt and long pants.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
altos de chavon

while very near casa de campo it was not created by that resort.
the village was built in the 1970
by the american company Gulf and Western.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
You're right, Paul. The resort and the village tho are in partnership. For example, Casa de Campo advertises weddings services, but the wedding actually takes place at the Chevon church. Also, the all-inclusive rate at the resort includes the restaurants at Chevon, etc. etc. We were under the impression by the resort people that the same American company now owns both, but maybe the same group manages both?

The web site for the village is http://www.altosdechavon.com/