How's the weather?

lissyde

Dec 3, 2002
Quick question. How's the weather over there now/how's it been (Puerto Plata)? I"ll be there for a week starting July 18th and the weather report says scattered T-storms for most of the days we'll be there. I don't know how reliable or accurated this is? I know the weather is unpredictable but I know sometimes there'll be a down pour for 20 min. and that's all you get for the day. Is that more or less what it's been like or have you been getting hours of rain and no sun? Thanks!!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It HAS been raining a lot lately!

Due to some Tropical Depressions in the area.There is Good news .There is a DR1 Party at "Eddy's Sports Bar in Sosua on July 18th! 50 people have made reservations!(Sosua is a few minutes from Puerto Plata so you can come).If you can't make it on Friday,don't worry,you can still find some of DR1's "Finest" there through at least Sunday,and some are "ALWAYS" there! If you are interested,just say so,and someone will post Eddy's tel.#,and/ or directions! Welcome! Cris Colon:cool:

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Cabarete Weather

As we all know and have experienced, the local weather can be very local. Rain here, nothing in POP or even Sosua and vice versa.
We are currently experiencing dull and overcast weather here in Cabarete. Been quite windy - good for the beach crowds - today was dull in the am and now quite bright!
Yesterday was a bitch - cold, wet and overcast all day with lots of rain! But at least it's not like you have to wrap up is it? Must admit that some people in Cabarete had to resort to a sweater!!! AND it was cold in the night too!
It's full moon period and this could mean that we are in for a longer period of this overcast with scattered storms weather - well, that's been our experience worldwide.
But do we care? Not really! Just have to lace the coffe with a hot rum and plenty of sugar!!!

lissyde

Dec 3, 2002
Thanks for the info!

After the winter I've had here in NYC, I think I can deal with the "cold"! I was just hoping to roast under the sun being that this harsh winter sucked all the color out of me! After reading the weather reports I got disappointed but I'm sure it's nothing a little rum can't solve! I can't wait to go, this will be my 3rd and def. not last trip!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Tell your ride to take you to Sosua: Eddy's Sports Bar on Calle Ayuntamiento.

Then we'll figure out where you can spend the night....Seems a huge gang will be there!!

HB

lissyde

Dec 3, 2002
Where's the party at?

Hey guys! I'll take you up on your offer but maybe not Friday nite. That's the nite we get there. Is there anything else going on the rest of that week that would be interested in or that we should know about? It would be nice to venture outside the AI world!!!