Phone Cards

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Not sure if a thread has ever been started about the latest and greatest phone cards, so I figured I'd start one.

Here in NY, the best thing going now is the "X PhoneCard New York." For $2, you get 100 minutes to a house phone in DR, haven't tried to a cell phone.

The down side is that, its one of those cards that basically robs your unused minutes. But for 100 minutes for $2, well worth it.

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
No way !

Any card with a connection fee is a ripoff. What about all those times that you get cut off, the party is not at home, the cell phone is off and you get the answering service, etc.

Who wants to talk for 100 minutes at one time anyway?

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
I'm intersted

I paid 30 ,or 35 US for 350 min at the LA post office. It has been great, because my Verison cell does not work to DR. Where do i get an X card? I am so excited and pleased to be visiting the DR. Thanks, K

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Phone-Cards

From Los Angeles area I use California Advantage it is 198 nin for $5.00 . So far it iw the best for calling DR phone.

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
Ignorant about my own home

Wow, i don't know where to get that kind, and I don't know if it is good for calling into DR, or out of DR, or inside of DR or all of the above. But i'm learning fast. Thanks -k

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Kay,

What you do is go into any Latino super market, check cashing, money transfer place and usually they have a bunch of different type of cards. Ask for which on is best to the DR, try to get the one without connection fees. You can also find a whole bunch on the internet, but they aren't as economical as the 5 and 10 $ ones. You might sometimes find the posters which will tell you how much it is, just keep in mind there are usually hidden fees involved.

Good Luck!

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Here's a website that

lists several phone cards (USA to the DR) that can be purchased via the internet. Some of them work with cellphones also.

DR phone cards

Swede

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
NY1 said:
Not sure if a thread has ever been started about the latest and greatest phone cards, so I figured I'd start one.

Here in NY, the best thing going now is the "X PhoneCard New York." For $2, you get 100 minutes to a house phone in DR, haven't tried to a cell phone.

The down side is that, its one of those cards that basically robs your unused minutes. But for 100 minutes for $2, well worth it.

if in pennzylvania, buy the "philadelphia platinum". for $5 u get 160 minutes to a house phone and 50 minutes to a cell. it takes just some of your unused minutes, otherwise it's a good card.

Miguel