Good food

patbro

Jun 29, 2003
What are your favorite restaurants in Sosua, Cabarete and Puerto Plata and why? We like informal with terrific food (where you don' have to dress up).:cool:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ken and Bush Baby should answer this

But, being a know-it-all, I will give you my preferences

Sosua: Rocky's and Eddy's, but there are a lot of places in Sosua that Ken can tell you about

POP: I do not know if there are any, anymore. the best breakfast is certainly at Sofy's B&B on Las Rosas just off Luis Ginebra
The best fish fry is "Donde Johan" on the way to Altamira, Past the entrance to RIU complex and Cafe Cito is very good just nearby the Entrance to Playa Dorada, as is the Manguito across the street.

HB

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
There are many good restaurants with a casual atmosphere in Cabarete. Our favorite is La Casita, locally known as Papi's. If you walk down the beach you'll find it. If you see Papi in the back stirring, chopping and shaking, do sit down and have a serving of one of the many styles of camarones or pescado --- the best seafood on the beach. If you happen to get a table upstairs, the view is excellent. Had a long lunch with good friends there today and the lunch is as good as the dinners.

And to add to the Sosua list, I've always enjoyed PJ's.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Everywhere is casual in Puerto Plata!!

For "Doesn't matter a Damn" type casual try Papillon at Cofresi. They do an 'Eat as much as you can' Sunday buffet which is reputably the best in the area. Las Dos in the same area has a good reputation too. Then there is Chris & Maddie's down near the beach.

For long trouser/shirt type casual (rather than shorts or Jeans) then get to the Blue Marlin. Tell them 'El Presidente - Bush' sent you & you want his seafood mix special, ..... you won't be dissappointed but go HUNGRY as there is quite a bit of it to get through!! - Eat well & be happy - Grahame.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Sosua

Robert, Eddy, Chris (the 500lb Gorilla) Colon and myself had an excellant meal at Pier Giorgio last night in Sosua. I had to drag Eddy in there Kicking and Screaming but we all had a great meal.
Try #27 on the menu Seafood and 3 pastas. Yummy

Rockys made us a great meal on Thursday night. I had the Garlic Chicken which was finger lickin good, others had the Ribs and Steak and said the same. Rocky was less than half the price of Pier Giorgio but no killer views sitting on the Sea Cliff. Dinner for 4 at Pier Giorgio was about 2100 pesos with a bunch of drinks and Rockys would be about 700-800 for 4.

Hope this helps!

Scott

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
would recomend Aguacerro's(sp) on the malecon in POP. Surprisingly good wings, entre's 3 to 7 bucks US. Good place to sit and people watch or just gaze at the waves rolling in.