Is It True?????

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
I heard that Mr. Hippo offered Washinton the Samana peninsula for it's air base currently in Vieques to be moved there. They told me it was in exchange for something that I can't exactly remember at the time. Any truth in this???

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sounds like a rumor. There is no place on the Samana Peninsula to put a big airbase. They had to go off the peninsula to find enough flat ground to build a large, international airport.

Apr 26, 2002
It's not the airbase in Vieques that's being closed. It's the firing range. The Samana Peninsula might make a good firing range, but Hippo's new house in Jarabacoa would make a better one.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
No way, file under unsupported rumor. I back Ken and he should know, the ground character of Samana would not take fancy to an air base. Also, Samana bay would not maintain a firing range because of threat against the whales. Regards, PJT

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Darn!!!! Yet another vicious rumor quashed!!! We can't get anything started these days!!!

I do agree with the negative comments, however. The geographical configuration of the Samana penninsula(SP?) will not accept a modern military runway/complex. Maybe a heliport???

Texas Bill