Custom clearance of container question

J

john FRANKLIN

Hello from Belgium,

I will be moving soon to the DR and would like to talk to someone who has already cleared a container of household goods and a car with customs in Santo Domingo.

Please share information using my e-mail jfk@atos.be, I will then consolidate the received information and post it back to the bulletin board.

Thanks John FRANKLIN

P

Paul

Good luck John! I've been trying to get information on exactly the same thing. So far, nada. Surely, SOMEONE has, SOMEWHERE, an explanation of import duties and procedures. Please.

Hopefully, Paul

C

Cathy

Add my name among those who also needs this information. I will be moving to the DR in September. PLEASE HELP US if you have any helpful advice for us. Thanks, Cathy

D

DR One

Contact the NY Consulate, Tel. (212) 768-2480. Once you contact them, try to get an email that the person in charge of customs clearance may have access to. They have a customs clearance department there. Keep tract of all you go through and the info they give you and how it compares to reality when you eventually make the move.

D

DR One

Have you purchased the Living in Santo Domingo book? If not, you should delay no longer to get this valuable resource.