Are Mothers The Center Of The Family?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
i think so. before my mom passed away in 1994, we were the closest family. my 7 brothers and i never took vacation during mother's day, christmas, thanksgiving of mom's birthdays because those days we knew that we were going to pay tribute to our wonderful mother. after she passed, all changed. i went from seeing my brothers almost every day to seeing them maybe 3 times a year. my mom was a single mother raising 8 kids by herself because she made the sacrifice to not let a step-father raise us because as she used to say: "i don't want to take the chance of a step-father treating my sons bad". mothers keep the family together. in my book, females need to be respected and cared for, i was raised to respect females and up tp this day i feel that females are the most wonderful being that God created. all of mom hard work paid off since we all became respected citizens and a day did not passed by that i did called mom to tell her how wonderful she was. some may say that i am a mamma's boy but if being a mamma's boy is respecting women, then i am the biggest momma's boy. there must be a reason as to why it hurts when i see someone like Anna going thru what she is going thru with her grandson. it's because i do have compasion for mother because i know that a mom wil love u purely. guys just remember that u have moms and sister that u need to cherish because when they are gone, u will which to see them for ar least 5 more minutes. be good to your mom, even if they are not perfect, because they are what keep the family together. call her and remind her of your love for her because life is way to short.
Talking from experience.
Miguel

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
How sweet.

I agree. My mom is the center of my universe. She's wonderful and I can't imagine life without her. I also have an aunt who's the bomb too.

But I think it's touching that you have such fond memories and thoughts of your mom.

Amber

Jan 24, 2003
It is DR related because..

The Dominican society values the mother figure to a much higher degree than the father figure since she is usually the one who makes all the sacrifices and cares for the children without much help from the father (generalizing the overview from the perspective of the underpriviledged masses).
Not all mothers are as wonderful nor are all fathers uncaring. It is a blessing to have had one who cared..

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Are Mothers....

ClippedWing said:
How sweet.

I agree. My mom is the center of my universe. She's wonderful and I can't imagine life without her. I also have an aunt who's the bomb too.

But I think it's touching that you have such fond memories and thoughts of your mom.

thanks clippedwing, i am glad that i am not alone on this. some people do not realize that when a mom is gone, everything change, everything. i just get a kick out of guys that would sit on a table and bad-mouth females like if they were not brought up by a mother. am i alone on this when i say that one should pay tribute to your mother when she is still alive and then live by her examples when she ig gone. i made me feel great whn my 19 year old daughter calls me from college and tell me " dad, i miss granny and i will live by her example". what's wrong with telling the person that gave u life a simple "thanks and i love you?.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Women bashing???? lets get this clear.

I know some of you are talking about me when you talk about female bashing. There is a big difference between a bar tramp and your own mom. My mom is nothing like the women I describe. My mom is the greatest woman in the world who has sacrificed her life raising her 7 children and countless grandchildren. She is still going through hell taking care of my dad who fell under a hideous brain disease a few years ago. He can't walk, talk or even move a finger now. My mom takes care of him daily 24/7/365.
I am proud to say I will be seeing my mom on the 29th of this month. I know she has a suitcase full of gifts waiting for me. When it comes to being mama's boy, AZB is the biggest one.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
miguel

First let me say sorry about your mom man.

Now, in reference to your post,I have never witnessed "female bashing" on this borad as you describe. I have read different perspectives on relationships with women and sex and the ways some guys view females that the have sexual encounters with and so on but female bashing? I think you misinterpret a lot of what you read.When women post questions as to "why do dominican men cheat" and so on I do not consider it male bashing. Do these same women who post these questions regard their fathers or grandfathers in the same light as the "cheating men" they inquire about? I think not. Thats because our relationships with the opposite sex and our relationships with our mothers or fathers are completely different. Somehow you have tied the two together in your mind.
Larry

tondra

Dec 12, 2002
www.professionalsintouch.com
I am glad to say that both my mom and I have lived long enough to make our amends and appreciate each other for who they are. It was a rough ride for both us when I was growing up, but I grew and came to realize a lot of things that shaped my mother and caused her to do what she did. She did the best she could.

I have thanked her many times for her sacrifices and have forgiven her for her mistakes and hope she forgives me for mine. We now have a great relationship and I have pledged to be by her side when it is her time to exit this world. I call her several times a week and wish I could do more.

I feel very blessed to have two great parents and appreciate what they have given and taught me.

Tondra