single travel to d.r.???

B

barbara r

hi thinking of traveling to the dr in nov..traveling solo..have traveled in caribbean solo before...but not to the dr..any rec. on a good all/inc. for a single girl in her 40s..also how safe is it offthe grounds i enjoy alot of dancing and hanging out with locals..would love some answers..thank you barbara

U

Uwe

No problems at all going solo to DR. I recommend Juan Dolio or Boca Chica. San Pedro de Macoris --- aprox. 20 KM east of Juan Dolio has a very nice Malecon with many bars and discos. It is a very good place to meet locals and to enjoy vacations.

besz regards from germany

Martina and Uwe

J

jon

Barbara,

I agree with the last post go to Boca Chica or Juan Dolio if you want to hang out and party with the locals. Most of the larger hotels in that area have great all inc. packages.....

If you want Punta Cana has a club med too.

But I live in Santo Domingo so I am partial to this area :)

Jon

A

ann

I strongly recommend Boca Chica. I was there 14 times as a single.Juan Dolio doesn't have much; you don't want to be travelling off to San pedro all the time. Santo Domingo is close enough to visit, but do you want to stay in a big city? Boca Chica Resort, Don Juan, and Hamaca resort are all right in the town. The people are friendly, and everything you need is there.

D

DR One

Santo Domingo is best to meet singles. Don't visit Club Med in Punta Cana if you are singles. It is probably the most family-oriented resort in the DR because of its strong mini club program.

N

Norman

In Boca Chica or any other tourist are, you will meet tourist oriented locals. This may or may not be what you want. Here they are called Sanky Panky. Santo Domingo or San Pedro will put you in touch with locals who do not make their living off tourists.

D

DR One

Santo Domingo is full of night spots. It is a city that never sleeps. You could also visit Body Shop during the day. This leading gym is where many attractive single men go to work out. You can purchase a day pass.

J

JC

>>>they are called Sanky Panky>>>

What this term stand for? I know the concept because I saw a segment presented by Telemundo "Ocurri? As?" a few months ago but I am always interested in the linguistic twisting that languages always metamorphoses into, specially around areas where many of them converge such as tourist spots.

My guess is the "sanki" part comes from "sand" = arena. Maybe there are European languages involve such as German.

Best regards,

JC

P

Phyllis

I also recommend Puerto Plata, I've been 3 times in the last year as a single woman and had a wonderful time!