Hello to all......

nystateofmind

Aug 6, 2003
Well here I go....... I have been reading all of the info that this board has to offer for the past month or so after I booked my trip to Puerto Plata in September. This will not be my first time in DR...I hit Punta Cana about 3 years ago. This is however my first post on a board here.

NYC born and raised - looking forward to all that I am hearing about Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete. I will be staying 8 days and I hope to have enough time to soak it all in. Punta Cana did not thrill me much. I was very thankful that I met a guy from Jersey who was working at the resort to take me around and show me a good time. If I did not meet him and have him introduce me to others, I do not know what kind of time I would have had. From all that I have read here, I think that this vacation will be more my speed and to my liking.

I just wanted to say hello and to let you all know that the info that is passed around on the various topics is of great use to someone hitting a particular location for the first time...Thank you.

Anything I need to know...I am all ears. I am a beach, water, sun, cold beer drinking, night owl kind of guy who is looking to do as much as I can and have a memorable vacation and if that comes with barely any sleep.....so be it!! Any suggestions on excursions, the Pub crawl, places/towns I MUST go to....etc etc and places for a single guy to hit at night would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Hit Cabarete!

Just get into the Cabarete scene! Hit the beach at around 10.00pm, party until 5-6.00am. Go home, sleep for a couple of hours - or alternatively, wake up on the beach, a quick dip in the ocean, breakfast at a beach bar, rent a board and go surfing, sailing, whatever, then go home and sleep a bit?
Hit the beach again at 10.00pm, chase the chicks, etc. etc. etc.
You might get lucky? When you get fed up with Cabarete hit the high spots in Sosua - there's enough info on this forum to keep a night owl like you interested.
Enjoy!!!!!

nystateofmind

Aug 6, 2003
A guy just wants to have a little fun......

I am staying at the Paradise Beach.

Thanks for all the info on Sosua and Cabarete. Even though I have reservations, I am not opposed to spending a few days there at the kind of places you mentioned. I wish I knew then what I know now. I would have probably booked differently....but what are ya gonna do?? From what I have read the Paradise is pretty decent and the disco appears to be a hopping place. I am sure I will find a good time. I will definitely spend sometime in Sosua and Cabarete while I am in DR.

Just looking to soak in all that I can....beach....sun...water...liquid refreshments....party the night away....and definitely get a chance to meet all of the beautiful DR women I have read about here.

Again thanks for the info.