Looking for a Job

P

Phillip Fernandez

Hi my name is Phillip Fernandez I currently live in New Jersey but am looking to move to D.R. soon. I am looking for ways to find employment with any large companies in the country. I am a Desktop/Network consultant with light html programming, Mac OS, and I also speak Spanish fluently. I now work in New York City and any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I can furnish a resume upon request. My e-mail address is Phillip_Fernandez@moma.org.

Thank you for your time,

Phillip Fernandez

D

DR One

If you can do web sites you could probably sell your services to an advertising agency. You should come and visit several. For tips on relocating and finding work in the DR, check into buying the Living in Santo Domingo book. Dominicans who have lived abroad for several years have found its advice very helpful.

J

john FRANKLIN

I recommend this book "Living in Santo Domingo", we will me moving from Belgium to Santo Domingo in July. This book has really helped us in taking our decision. As stated in the book, job hunting from abroad is nearly impossible, best is to come to the country and start meeting people, networking is almost the only way to find a job over there.

Regards John FRANKLIN

P

Phillip Fernandez

are there any headhunters, jobsearch companies, or databases in D.R.

P

Phyllis

Hola DR One, In order to purchase "The Living in Santo Domingo" book you are asked to give your VISA # over the internet.. I don't like to do this, is there another option to by this book and what currency do you pay for?

J

JEFFREY

I agree with the peole moving from Belgium---it's difficult to find work from abroad, but I'd recommend looking into the Industrial Free Zones, like the one in San Isidro. Go to Codetel's web site (www.codetel.com). There the major communications company in the country, and they've got a link to a coupe of Free Zones where foreign companies operate under special conditions with respect to taxes. Working for a foreign company in the D.R. has its advantages as far as pay and benefits. Speaking of which, does anyone know anything about the Gulf and Western Americas Corp in La Romana? They've got an American-syle school called Abraham Lincoln that I'm interested in, and would like to contact them before I arrive in the country in June.