A Bedtime story for children

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Auntie Ginnie (better known as "She who must be Obeyed") has written the following post. I am merely her underpaid, underloved means of passing on this Bedtime story!!!!

A Bedtime story for Children!!

Once upon a time there was a Big Leader who liked Money & Power. "I want all the money in my country" he said, so he instructed his Central Bank not to send any U$D to the commercial banks, so the commercial banks were not able to pay their depositors. Ask your Auntie PIB, children, about the problems she had, & your Grandma Ginnie who had a similar experience in Puerto Plata.

Of COURSE, Big Leader wasn't going to be greedy, he wasn't going to keep ALL of the money for himself, he was going to use it to pay off his supporters (known as Partially Paid Honchos or PPH). And he had some bad luck - One of the commercial banks went down BIG TIME. But even this wasn't ALL bad luck, because Big Leader could use this as an excuse for all sorts of jolly things!!

"Now I've got the money, how do I keep the POWER?" asked Big Leader. Even he realised that Partially Paid Honchos were cooling their supportive ardour, that his people blamed him for rising food prices & massive power outrages & that the normally peaceful citizens of his country were taking to the streets to protest!

"I know how" said Big Leader. "I'll tell my police to suppress peaceful marches, thus making them anything BUT peaceful & I'll encourage Civil Unrest. That way I can't possibly allow elections next year, because it wouldn't be safe, and if I don't allow elections .... I'll still be Big Leader!!! I seem to remember that worked well for one of my predecessors Mr. 'T'. "

And so, of course, Big Leader was quick to learn lessons from even BIGGER Leader who ran a country to the north. "I think I'll introduce a 'Patriot Act' to give me even MORE power" he said!!

And so, children, we leave Big Leader counting his US Dollars & reinforcing his armour plated car. Sleep well!!!

End of a Fairy Tale .......... OR IS IT???????

As a postscript, the cost of car windscreens seems to have risen a lot recently. On 6th August there was a protest in Barrio Costero, Puerto Plata. Stones were thrown & in the process of this, a Taxi driver's windscreen was broken. The taxi driver was also a policeman, so he pulled out his gun & shot the stone thrower in the mouth. DEAD! The victim was 22 years of age - WHAT a WASTE of a life!!

But then, the policeman was only doing what his President had told him to do, wasn't he??

Written to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the birth of George Orwell - for those of you able to understand the significance!!! - Ginnie (AKA "She who must be Obeyed").

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Well put Bushbaby

Better load the 9 mm, it looks like its going to be a rough ride untill L.F. Gets back In...........
Gringo.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hmmmmm. Perhaps I ought to interpret the story!!!

Does anyone else feel that Herr Hipolito might cancel the elections next year due to the amount of Civil Unrest HE has generated?? Riots, Demonstrations, fires etc in the Barrios, police shooting on the protesters can generally be put at the feet of his Holiness Herr Hippo due to his handling of situations & the inflamatory Cr^p he speaks, so do you not think all this is for a very good (for HIM, not US) reason?? - Grahame.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I look at the "Protests" as a "Golden Opportunity"!!!!

A "Golden Opportunity" to do some "House Cleaning" in the "Barrios"!!!!! The more "Protests" the more "Tigeraje" you can shoot in the mouth for throwing stones and burning tires!!!! They are "Criminals",not Freedom Fighters!!!! These are not political protest,but criminal riots!!!! The descent poor people who live in these areas are glad to see the "Trash Picked Up" for a change!
My wife's family is from "Barrio Simon Bolivar",altho she does not believe in murder,or "Capitol Punishment",she does like to see the troublemakers removed from the neighborhood!!!

I prefer the "Final Solution" for rioters!!!!!
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
In general I agree with the sentiment CC.

On the other hand I am fearful of applauding too loudly because first it's the criminals, then it's the real protestors, then it's you and me next in line for the same treatment. Sanctioning that behavior by the army or the PN loosens the respect of law and due process (which aren't very strong here in the first place). It's already begun to roll on out from true criminals. Look at 'Herr Hippo' (I like that) shutting down a TV program in the SW, arresting the radio DJ's for the Devil vs Hippo poll, and the treatment of the so-called Listin Diario hacker. Dangerous stuff.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
sequel

We need a sequel BB - from Ginny - we've not yet heard of the true justice that eventually came from all the animals to the pigs. What happened to the piggies in Ginny's story?

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Criss Colon working to be the greatest dip in history.

Criss Colon said:
A "Golden Opportunity" to do some "House Cleaning" in the "Barrios"!!!!!
I prefer the "Final Solution" for rioters!!!!!
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Only a moderator of a forum could be an advocate of the "Final Solution" and be appladed by his stooges. Go back under the rock you crawled out from under, you primordial slime. You see, my attack is personal so it should be deleted. Your advocation for the "Final Solution" does not seem personal at first, so as logic would have it, all that are offended by your post should be purged (or at least their posts), and your brown shirt stooges should be nurtured.

I mean , wake up, people have lost over 1/2 their wealth in 6 months, what do you expect, I don't advocate violence, and I believe in enforcing the law, as possible, but your words speak loud and clear.

-Lee

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I am nobody's stooge, moron.

We need a thread on whether Gringos can read or not. Try actually comprehending what others including Hillbilly have said in this and the thread on the subject of "La Soga".

In a country where the government doesn't work, the courts don't wotk, the police don't work, I am not at all offended by people taking the law into their own hands. Good for them.

With a few more like them all those good folks on airplanes in the US wouldn't have died on 9/11. But, no. They waited for their government to help them. The hell with that. I am responsible for me and my family. No one else. If someone who robs, steals, kills, maims, does so knowing the consequences, so be it. He shouldn't have puit himself in that position in the first place and has no one else to blame for what fate awaits him.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
To answer your question BB

No, I don't think that the elections will or could be cancelled. However, I do think that the PRD will lose, resoundingly, that the PRSC will become a poilitical nonentity, and the PLD will lose its leftist positions as more and more of the monied elite filter into positions of power. Then the more orthodox communists within the PLD will leave and join the other leftists way out there in No Man's Land.

HB

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
XanaduRanch, you just came out of left field

Ok, so your nobodys stooge, so I assume when you get together with your friends and Criss C talks in a purely abstract manner about implementing the "Final Solution", you say "Fascinating, and what about the weather we've been having too". . . .

Don't drag others into this, I don't believe you, or any others truely beleive in Criss's "Final Solution", or maybe you do. Just read his statement again, and say, "apart from everything else said on this thread, I stand by Criss's statement, as an independent thinker and a stooge to no one". I'm just suprise you had to wait till he thought of it.

-Lee

PS: I'm a little bit embarased by my comments, I don't want to detract from the discussion of the upcomming election. I just need to remember there is a CC marching around here, and try to make the best of the discussion with him.

I think Hippo will lose, I think too many associate him with the corruption, inspite of his statements that he is only dealing with a banking crisis. I mean, are the parties formed? Are the platforms fixed? I think Leonel could win if he ran.

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You've missed the Point!

Lee, these folks are talking about criminals. Did you miss this fact? We all prefer to be without them. I also don't like the words 'the final solution' as it rings bells out of a very bad period in history for me. I just don't have a kneejerk reaction to these words.

Again, we are talking about criminals. Criminals in a lawless society. Did you miss this fact?

Both XR and Criss can talk for themselves and I will not defend them. What I know, is that both of these people are thinkers and don't say things lightly. Maybe you should put what they say fully in context before you jump up and down about a choice of words. We are not talking binary here - we are talking shades of grey...

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: XanaduRanch, you just came out of left field

ltsnyder said:
Just read his statement again, and say, "apart from everything else said on this thread, I stand by Criss's statement, as an independent thinker and a stooge to no one". I'm just suprise you had to wait till he thought of it.

Don't be too surprised too often it's bad for the heart. Too avoid those potentially fatal surprises, read the posts carefully before you pop off. Because what I said was not even close to what you jumped on me for. Read it again:

In general I agree with the sentiment CC. On the other hand I am fearful of applauding too loudly because first it's the criminals, then it's the real protestors, then it's you and me next in line for the same treatment. Sanctioning that behavior by the army or the PN loosens the respect of law and due process (which aren't very strong here in the first place). It's already begun to roll on out from true criminals. Look at 'Herr Hippo' (I like that) shutting down a TV program in the SW, arresting the radio DJ's for the Devil vs Hippo poll, and the treatment of the so-called Listin Diario hacker. Dangerous stuff.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
:-(

So BB,

How is Tuesday for you? Monday I think I may be interviewing a possible employer... actually I would like to talk to you prior to my meeting!

(tryin to keep the peace)

GG

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
So then,does that mean you agree with me???

I am for "Victims Rights",not "Criminal's Rights",which to me is an "Oxymoron" anyway!
A few weeks ago
,I try to get to work in the morning,I see the telltale signs of a night of "Protests",smoking garbage fills the streets,black circles burned into the road,the "wire" from inside the burned tires all over the place! I continue,until I see everyone turning around,"tigeres" blocking the road,throwing rocks,extorting money to let those unfortunate enough to get trapped by them pass! Its NOT a protest,it is a "Shakedown!!!
Can't get home at the end of the day! Streets blocked in Cristo Rey,in front of the Zoo,La Puya,and Camino Chiquito backed up because its the only road not blocked!
I call my wife and tell her not to take the kids for pizza,or they may end up as pizza!!!!
They hurt/kill my family,I take a few out!!!!
Thats my definition of victims rights!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc
ps,"See What I Mean?"...........The dominican response is to attack me!!!,instead of attack the problem! But that would mean admitting fault!!!!!!!!Shoot the messenger! So typical!!!!

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
About the protests . . . . . . .

Criss as always you are a wealth of information (and I am serious).

1) Have these protests just started in the last couple days?

2) Are they a result of the recent blackouts?

or more to the point . . .

3) Have there been long blackouts where you live?

4) Why do you feel you and your family could be in danger? Because you are a forigner? or because you are a forigner married to a Dominican, or a little bit of both? I don't blame you for wanting to defend/protect your family in any way, I encourage it, be safe, don't take chances. -Take care . . .

Please read the following statement by me, and correct and augment.

There is no reason to panic if you are here during a strike. They are not targeting foreigners. On the other hand, if there is a strike and the possibility that highways are blocked in some locations, you are well advised not to travel on the highways if it means going through the strike area as you are almost certain to have your vehicle damaged. The police are the ones who appear to be counterproductive to this peace & causing confrontational situations!! The power outages are the main reason for the protests - not the rising inflation!!!

and finally . . .

5) Would you define these protests as a Huelga?

-Lee

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I NEVER feel at risk as a foreigner here!

In fact,I feel less at risk! Nor is my wife or children more at risk as my wife.But when they are throwing stones to stop your car,anything can happen! The "Excuse" for the extortion,is no power!Yes,they lump any riot,protest,hooliganism,into the "Huelga" group. CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Ok so . . . .

Basically, if there is a Huelga you want to stay indoors (at home), because any dominican nearby might some how get mixed up with the event and hurt. And when you see a road block , avoid it at all costs as soon as possible, don't even get close for a shakedown oppertunity.

-Lee

PS: Were there long blackouts in SD recently, why is the Huelga now?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You have to read my post carefully!

The story begins;"A FEW weeks ago"! There were a few days of huelga" a few weeks ago here in Santo Domingo,as well as some other areas of the country.It is usually not necessary to remain indoors,only stay away from "Los Barrios calientes",which made it impossible for me to return home after work!CCCCCCCCC