What ever happend to the ....

islandbreeze

Jul 5, 2003
the Birthday thread ... was it banned? ...

IB

I know there was someone's birthday comming up around now ... and some other unfortunate soul had the same birthday as mine ..

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Now I know who islandbreeze is. It's NoMoreSnow. I thought you had melted on your way to the Toronto reunion last year.

islandbreeze

Jul 5, 2003
Keith ...what I meant was

.. was the post banned as "NBRDR" (not being related to the DR), because I didn't see anyone saying happy birthday to anyone anymore ... I knew the thread was still there ...but I didn't know why the "greetings" stopped ...

Anna .. yes it is me ... I wasn't trying to hide ... when I signed on as IB I said that I was NMS who lost her password ... I signed all the post "IB formerly NMS" .... and when I change to a new computer I will have to get yet another "handle" because I have forgotten the IB password too ... I can only sign-on because there is a DR1 cookie on my computer which automatically signs me in ..

IB

for a while yet

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
IB,
In the future, you don't have to change handles. Just e-mail Rob and ask him to change your password if you've forgotten yours. Much easier!
Regards,
Keith

islandbreeze

Jul 5, 2003
Keith ...your right about the password... but

but ... why is the DR1 community no longer sending B'day Greetings ... what happened to the Friendly, Cordial, Civil, Up-Standing community that I knew

... I mean we, yes WE, yes US ... missed the GODDESS's birthday ... how can we live with ourselves after such a blunder ... the shame ... the SHAME ....

IB

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Re: Keith ...your right about the password... but

islandbreeze said:
but ... why is the DR1 community no longer sending B'day Greetings ... what happened to the Friendly, Cordial, Civil, Up-Standing community that I knew

... I mean we, yes WE, yes US ... missed the GODDESS's birthday ... how can we live with ourselves after such a blunder ... the shame ... the SHAME ....

IB

DR1 was friendly, cordial, civil & upstanding? I must have missed that! :confused: :laugh:

Seriously, I wondered about the lack of bday greetings too. And I am sorely shamed for missing the international day of worship for the Goddess. Oh, I am not worthy! I am not worthy! :p

islandbreeze

Jul 5, 2003
well I noticed the the old list ..

has been "re-published" ..... so I guess "Greetings" are back on again...

Pibs ... you have to put out a call for new additions and updates ..

and SORRY for missing YOUR DAY!!! Wish I had those balloons and candles animations!!! Guess those are of the past too -- as I don't see them either.

IB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We did that last year. If you want to be in change of posting greetings all year you're welcome to do so NMS if Robert approves. Someone has to be in charge. Some of us did it last year but it gets tiresome to keep track of everyone's birthday. The old thread was brought today.

Last edited:

islandbreeze

Jul 5, 2003
Anna ... I don't know if any one person has to be in charge

I think Robert has a way of keeping the thread on the Board permanently (up front and centre) where any and every one can pop-in and look at it.

There are some people that make a significant contribution to the Board and it would be nice to greet them Happy B'day on THEIR day.

Believe it or not I think there are some people whoes life revolves around the DR1 Board. They come asking for PRAYERS, write in when they are BORED and when they want to share the latest antics in their SEX DRIVE. They find out what to eat and what NOT TO EAT, what to READ, and how to grow FRESH VEGETABLES, etc

I find it hard to believe that Robert wouldn't allow them also to say happy b'day to some of the people who provide them with their answers, condolenses, entertainment ....whatever ... but I COULD be wrong....I have been know to err ... I believe my last error was June 31, 1963.

IB

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: Anna ... I don't know if any one person has to be in charge

islandbreeze said:
I find it hard to believe that Robert wouldn't allow them also to say happy b'day to some of the people who provide them with their answers, condolenses, entertainment ....whatever ... but I COULD be wrong....I have been know to err ... I believe my last error was June 31, 1963.

IB

I agree...

islandbreeze

Jul 5, 2003
Ohhhh you got it .... well I guess

that up until yesterday I have NEVER erred, made a mistake, a minor blunder, an oversight, ..... so NOW I have a FIRST

IB
on a more serious note the "error" reference was to say that I didn't believe that Robert would mind and his post confirmed it ..