Calling cards to the DR?

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
I've finally had it with my calling card service, Nobelcom, for calling the DR. Their service is always spotty, especially with cell phones and their customer service is non-existant. Does anyone on the board have a good alternative? Thanks in advance.

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
I've called there at least twice a day for several years now. They're all spotty. The most consistent but most expensive from the U.S. is Worldwide. I also found New World which appears to be very inexpensive but the other shoe hasn't fallen as I haven't received my most recent phone bill. When everything is inconsistent, I go to Americatel and dial 10-10-123-809 ...........
It works well and adds another $10.00 per month to my phone bill. All of that is from the States though.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I used to use Net2Phone when in USA. Their rates were decent and I also use it when making a call on the computer. I do still use it from here when I need to call some other country but I use it on my computer that way its cheeper yet.

Apr 26, 2002
I use Net2phone also. Its $0.15/minute from the US to the DR may not be the absolute cheapest, but it is always without connection charges. It is also easy to use. You don't need to continually buy cards. You can recharge your card on the web. It is reliable too.

I also gave up with Noblecom.

dwntwn22

Aug 25, 2003
Try blackstoneonline.com, they have a few cards that work really well, keep track of your minutes and if they cut the card off too early if you call them they will give you more time, I have used them for a while now. I have tried noblecom and the sound quality isnt that great