The loan has barely arrived and the mass thievery has already begun

Lurch

Aug 8, 2003
From the newspage

RD$1.79 billion in governmental transfers

President Hip?lito Mej?a requested that Congress authorize a RD$1.79-billion transfer from the National Budget. The transfer would affect the budgets of the ministries of Education, Environment, and Industry & Commerce, as well as the allotment to pay the public debt. The President?s Office sent the bill to Congress by way of the Senate yesterday.
A sum of RD$950 million would be diverted to the Office of the President of the Republic, the Ministry of the Interior and Police, the Ministry of the Armed Forces and the Ministry of Foreign Relations Ministry

Just have to love how they think.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Welcome to "Alice In Wonderland"!

These people have no shame! They steel milk from the mouths of babies to feed their insatiable greed!Who is worse,the politicians,or the people who elect,and then re-elect them?What is the "End Game" here" When will it stop? Somalia/Hispanola???When do the people realize what is happening,not only to them,but to the future generations?Barring some "Divine Intervention" I see a disastrous future!ccc

Apr 26, 2002
The next DR election will be truly fascinating. All, I repeat ALL, my PRD friends now hate Hippo and say they won't vote for him. They never received what was promised after the last election and have, like everyone else, suffered greatly from the government-led national decline.

But, when questioned further, we learn that these same people are really saying that they won't vote for him "unless I get a contract to the gift house up front" or "unless I get the RD$1000 pesos up front this time". So the real position seems to be that they will not sell the country for empty promises this time. They want consideration up front.

So, there are two questions that will be answered in the election: (i) Can the PPH get enough money from the IMF, IADB and their favorite corrupt beneficiaries to buy reelection when the cost is going to be so high given that everyone is going to want something up front this time; and (ii) how low is Dominican morality that people would sell their country to the devil again??? I already know Criss' opinion on the latter!!!

As a side note, a find the IMF statements "cautioning" the DR government to only use IMF money for authorized projects so incredibly funny - as if the thousand Ivy League educated economists working at the IMF don't understand the first thing about money: THAT IT'S FUNGIBLE!!!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
as if the thousand Ivy League educated economists working at the IMF don't understand the first thing about money: THAT IT'S FUNGIBLE!!!

They are economists. What do they know about money? If they did they would be entrepeneurs making money instead of bean counters at a bank.