Looking to Purchase Dominican Ceramic Dolls

leamtz

Sep 6, 2003
I just returned from a trip to the DR and was disappointed to find out that one of the faceless ceramic dolls that I purchased was broken. The website on the card says candyartesania@codetel.net.do but I have been unsuccessful in reaching it. Does anyone know if and where I can order these beautiful faceless dolls online? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The most famous ones are made in Santiago

The factory moved but they are still active. The company is called Lim?, and I will try and find their wedsite and tel. number

HB

markh1

Oct 2, 2003
dominican dolls...

Hey, I have been looking for them dolls for several weeks. My friend is from DR, and she has a small collection of old ones, but I've been wanting to get her another one. Hope to hear from someone about this subject....I really would like to purchase one. Thanks in advance!

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I saw some in the colonial zone in a shop adjacent to a mission style church.
Why don't you pm JanH and she might hook you up with her friend who has the galeria...
mk

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A warning to those who seek these dolls

the original dolls were made in Higuerito, Moca and directed by a Spanish artisan.

When his contract was over, an entrepreneur in Santiago contracted him to start a factory in Santiago. The factory is Lim? and their dolls are the most exquisite on the market, with themes and little notes as to just what each doll represents.

I have not been diligent on this and appologize for not following up.

I will

HB

Edited to add: Now I'm getting worried. I finally found their numbers and address and I did not get an answer. I will go there, and see what's up. If you want, there is a fax number that is working: (809) 587 3747. Try that..

Last edited:

markh1

Oct 2, 2003
thanks to all! I have already contacted Jan, but still waiting for reply with pics...and I am located in Orlando, FL. I'm not going to Miami or NY anytime soon so I think I'll check the local flea-market first....but if I have to, I'll go :>

That information about the dolls is pretty interesting, it just makes me want to find them even more... I will try that fax #, but if any more info comes up, I'll be checking here often.

Thanks again!!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Are you looking for the old fashion ones that have things on their heads are brown (skin)? those are usually very colorful too. Or are you looking for the ones made from Ceramicron (non-shiny ceramic made from flower)? These usually are more subtle and pastel colors. About 4 years ago I bought some that are called 'mujeres de arena' they are faceless, but are not colorful and have very dramatic poses. I love them. Cant find them anymore though.

If you ever go back to DR, dont buy them from the tourist shops, buy them from El Mercado (the Marketplace) much, MUCH cheaper!

By the way, I didnt know these dolls were that popular, I would bring some back when I go back to sell here - see on ebay!

pati

Feb 3, 2004
I have a few of them myself. I would love to hear the story behind them if anyone knows it.

nanakoo

Jul 19, 2005
porcelianicrom dolls

I bought a beautiful bride doll last year while I was in La Romana. Yesterday I broke it and have been very dilengently searching for a way to buy another one. It is faceless and cream colored. It is on a wooden stand and is named. I believe the place I purchased it was a flea market. DOes anyone know how I can get another one. Sure would appreciate any help.

Thanks

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
nanakoo said:
I bought a beautiful bride doll last year while I was in La Romana. Yesterday I broke it and have been very dilengently searching for a way to buy another one. It is faceless and cream colored. It is on a wooden stand and is named. I believe the place I purchased it was a flea market. DOes anyone know how I can get another one. Sure would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Hello all

My wife makes faceless dolls, but diferent from the ones you know, diferent shapes an colours,e-mail us (helmut.sugg@verizon.net.do) and I send you some pictures, we make them at our pottery in Puerto Plata.

Ruffino1974

Jun 7, 2003
Glad to help

Hi,

I have a gift shop in the colonial zone and we sell the dolls from a few different makers, and have access to alot more. If you send me the best description you can ,a photo of the doll even broken would help, and also the maker of the doll I will do my best to try to replace it for you.

Rich

mandy

Aug 30, 2005
Lime dolls

Jan said:
My friend has a galeria here and she sells the dolls. Email me and we can maybe work something out.

Jan, I am replying to your response of some time ago to another person who was looking for the ceramic Lime doll. I also sent "Hillbilly" a request for help but no response yet. The doll that was broken in my shipment was purchased by my mother some years ago in D.R. The doll is quite tall with a green head scarf and no face. She is brown skinned and her dress is painted all a striking white and has ruffles around her neck at the top and at the bottom of the dress. She is holding a large round tan sun hat in front of her with her right hand and a long-stem painted pastel rose in her left hand. On the bottom of the doll is written Artesania Lime Made in Dominican Republic Santiago, R.D. APT00.207. I need cost information so I can file a claim with UPS. I also want to know where I can purchase another. I am sick over the breakage because the doll is so unique. Please help if you can! Thanks, Mandy

danely23

Sep 13, 2005
Ruffino1974 said:
Hi,

I have a gift shop in the colonial zone and we sell the dolls from a few different makers, and have access to alot more. If you send me the best description you can ,a photo of the doll even broken would help, and also the maker of the doll I will do my best to try to replace it for you.

Rich
I would like to know if you know or anyone knows the origin "de las munecas de lime"?