Jeb Bush and Hippo-thread closed

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Too bad Robert jumped the gun on the thread on the Florida Governor visit, although the thread was hijacked and was going the wrong way.

The real issue here is the significance of brother Bush and Hippo missing each other. What is Hippo doing in Spain while a future presidential hopeful and brother of the leader of the world is here? Or the other way around, what is Bush doing here when Hippo is out campaigning in Spain?

I could be read this way. Hippo is mad at George because he has not followed thru on some promises about loans, the Free Trade talks and weapons for our soldiers in Iraq. So he takes a trip to Spain to ignore Jeb.

Or, Jeb planned the trip when Hippo was going to be in Spain, because he does not like Hippo. He thinks, like all of us that Hippo is a jerk and a political liability. He thinks that Hippo is flirting with Mrs. Clinton on N.Y. and national politics. Bush could have told brother to avoid Hippo because he is a beggar we cannot please and a show-off who has seen his better days.

Or simply, that Hippo is so stupid and his foreign advisors so dumb, they could not have foreseen, planned or even coordinate both events and just plain screwed up.

I believe it is the last one. Hippo and his staff have been known for being fumblers. They really screwed up on this one, and this will give a chance to Milagros Ortiz Bosch to get brownie points on her presidential campaign and looking presidential.

Now, dont tell me this was all a master strategy planned by Hippo to help Milagros. Hippo is not that smart and it does not meet his obscure plan for the elections. If anything, I believe Hippo is more of a Fello supporter. But is for himself only.

Any other ideas(Of course related to the subject, not to tads)

TW

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Sorry, Golo!

I posted half of my response and was adding the other half in an edit with real DR content about this being exactly the same behavior of Hippo and his party both in the last election, and in the I need another four years intra party wrangling - when Rob pulled the plug. He was too fast for me today, I thought he'd still be asleep. We'd have pulled it back on subject.

As to the scheduling SNAFU maybe Jeb just didn't have as much money falling out of his pockets for the Hippo election fund as Union Frenosa?

Tom (aka XR)

getonwithit

Mar 17, 2003
true - he is a beggar.
they are already reporting him asking for money from aznar.
why does he have to take his whole family to do it?

the real reason for my post, was to say that, although the original 'jeb bush' thread did stray a bit off the mark, i think it was mostly dominican related.
it is a pity that robert was a bit too quick with the trigger finger.

his call...i suppose.

Apr 26, 2002
I plead guilty to going off topic. I plead temporary insanity resulting from Xanadu's posting. And I was just about to crush his argument even more soundly with quotes from the Supreme Court case when the plug got pulled, too.

We can finish it over some Haitian rum some day. If you're ever in Jarabacoa, let me know.

In any case, the Dominican part of my posting was that Jeb is no doubt in the DR to sell something - probably Florida-made voting machines. Can the DR afford voting machines? Of course not, the country is essentially bankrupt. So the Inter-American Development Bank will step in and lend the money - most of which will be skimmed by the Hippo-tied buscones. 100 voting machines will be delivered for US$5M - resulting in no real impact on the reliability of Dominican elections. Also, there will be no maintenance contact, so after one election the machines will break, nobody will be able to afford the repairs or parts, and they'll be abandoned anyway.

And a good part of the US$5M will go right back to Jeb Bush's reelection fund. Then the regular people will have the pleasure of trying to pay for it through increased taxes, fees and devaluations.

In the DR, all life is truly a circle.

Last edited:

diablorojo

I look better in pink...
Sep 7, 2003
President of the Republic Mejia has more important things to do than to meet with low level American politicians....I mean, HIM Don Juan Carlos I is more important than Bush!

There is nothing to read into, its about time we started snubbing the Yanquis :):):):)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
As a newly minted Dominican, I agree. Let's start snubbing the 'Yanquis' like DiablaRoja/Joseita. His Baldness, El Hippo is so much more important!

LOL. You're too funny, oh, and 'predictable'!

Tom (aka XR)

P.S.
Say 'Hi' to your girlfiend (not a typo) 'Indie' tonight for me, too. :: smile ::

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Diablorojo

If your comments were not that funny, I would have taken you seriously.

But just in case you are serious, Jeb Bush is a much bigger personality than Don Juan Carlos, who is just an honorary head of state without real power, except the high moral ground of a king.

The state of Florida is by many miles a more important piece of real estate than Spain as a whole. With Jeb Bush threatening to become presidential timber by 2008 and a bigger chance than George himself, we are talking about a thoroughbred in the making. I would take the governorship of Florida over that crown. The king may be rich by inheritance from many centuries, but Jeb and his family are one of the few royal families in the USA.

As to Hippo ignoring Jeb Bush, Jeb is missing nothing to a man who looks like a waiter at a fat farm. Just look at that picture next to the king. Where is his chief of protocol? Didnt anybody tell Hippo that fat men cannot be caught dead with a short tux jacket? He looks like he has advanced cancer in his balls with those baggie pants and his pose is that of a burro getting ready to shit on the ground. This man is a shame to DR. How can you even compare this monkey in a suit with a Florida governor?

TW

diablorojo

I look better in pink...
Sep 7, 2003
Golo...... if you wouldn't have stated that Florida is more important on the world scene and more valuable real estate than Spain I actually might have considered you to know what you are talking about ;)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Get a clue!

If you can't get one for free, borrow a few pesos from your girlfriend Indie and BUY one! LOL! You're a scream Communist Devil! Keep 'em comin'!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Sorry to disappoint my left wing, knee-jerking, DR1 colleagues but the Touch Screen Voting machines used in Florida are made and serviced by a California Company.

Did you know that if Florida is the #1 destination for Dominican exports? The city with the 4th largest Dominican population is Miami. The #1 departure city for tourists visiting the DR is also Miami.
Miami is a combination of NYC and LA for Latin America. It is the central News gathering place as well as ground Zero for the Music and Television industries.
If you don't like Jeb for whatever reason that is your problem. the fact is that any president of the DR should have made arrangements to meet with the Gov. of Florida!