El Tigre: MIGUEL ANGEL, EN CONCIERTO!

HAILE RIVERA

Sep 17, 2003
Miguel Angel, ganador de Protagonistas de la M?sica, estara en el Hostos Community College (Bronx, NY) el prox?mo Sabado, 27 de Septiembre apartir de las 7:30pm.

Este es el primer concierto de Miguel y solo de Miguel. Sera el mejor. Boletos estan a la venta en la taquilleria de Hostos (localizado en la 149th St. & Grand Concourse). Tambien pueden llamar al (718) 518 - 4455 y comprar sus boletos por telefono.

Este concierto es muy importante para la carrera de Miguel. Como acabo de decir, este es el primer concierto de Miguel y las personas en Sony estaran presente para ver si Miguel sigue siendo aquel que tuvo a millones de personas haciendo llamadas para que el ganara. Aquellos que residimos en New York no lo hemos escuchado sonar en la radio, esto no es una coincidencia. En todas las ciudades grande, Miguel esta "pegao" como decimos nosotros.

Su apoyo es de suma importancia. COMPRE SUS BOLETOS HOY!

Atentamente,

Haile Rivera

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Really?

You have sound on your computers? Wow! Ooops. Guess I do too. Useless though. Lost my hearing one day sitting at a beachside bar in Sosua when yet another of these camionetas with the 12 foot high speakers and 10 megawatt amplifiers drove by and burst my eardrums PLAYING THESE SAME STUPID ADS!

:dead: That's the north coast equivalent of a 'drive-by'.

I wonder how much did Rob charge for those five 'placements' anyway? At least he didn't post one in your forum CMedina!

Last edited:

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Mr. Rivera

How much did you pay for this payola??? No, sorry, you got yourself a free ad from Robert, being the nice guy he is and allowing you to post this commercial.

But let me help you......"El Tigre" (better yet "El Tiguere")is the wrong name for this guy. I prefer to call him "El Chopo".

This neighborhood factory worker is going nowhere. Few people from these talent shows ever make it to anything. The exceptions are people like David Bisbal, who is light years ahead of "El Chopo" in talent.

I believe that the whole idea of projecting a talent as a meighborhood guy who came from the lowest segments of society to succeed is the wrong approach. This business of calling him "El Tiguere" and the way he acts, like a real one, will bury his career. Not that he can help it. His "tigueraje" comes to the surface. Another Jlo is hard to come by. Plus Jlo is pretty.

We need to come up with better representation abroad before we can compete with the likes of Ricky Martin, Bisbal, Chayanne, Pablo Montero, Juanes, etc.

Chopos are not going to become teenage idols, unless they have as much class as the best young singer today, Brazilian Alexander Pires, a black guy in a class by himself.

Sorry, I cannot help this Tiguere. No my style. Send him to bachata school. Better yet, can he play short stop?

TW

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
XR....

I deleted it!!!

this guy posted every where!!!

what I meant to say b4 was that his words reminded me of these guys that go on the radio to promote concerts and stuff.

this ad has no sound.

Golo is on the money on this one

very "chopoish" so sign up on a forum to promote something like this. this guy is going to be in a community college in the Bronx.

good luck to him and the 50 people the gym will hold..lol

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Re: Really?

XanaduRanch said:
You have sound on your computers? Wow! Ooops. Guess I do too. Useless though. Lost my hearing one day sitting at a beachside bar in Sosua when yet another of these camionetas with the 12 foot high speakers and 10 megawatt amplifiers drove by and burst my eardrums PLAYING THESE SAME STUPID ADS!

:dead: That's the north coast equivalent of a 'drive-by'.

I wonder how much did Rob charge for those five 'placements' anyway? At least he didn't post one in your forum CMedina!

LMAO

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
this person also posted the ad twice here and also in the clown bin.

talk about cheap promo

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
So what you're saying is that either I am greatly feared, or not worth the trouble. He didn't post that in the Weather/Hurricane forum. :: sigh :: Nobody needs my delete finger. Guess I'll go back to the swimming pool and the pool bunnies now. Wake me if I am needed!

:bunny:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
XanaduRanch said:
So what you're saying is that either I am greatly feared, or not worth the trouble. He didn't post that in the Weather/Hurricane forum. :: sigh :: Nobody needs my delete finger. Guess I'll go back to the swimming pool and the pool bunnies now. Wake me if I am needed!

:bunny:

you just gave this guy an idea

get ready to use the delete button because the garbage is about to go your way....lol

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Golo everybody that is not of your social status is a chopo, he was not a factory worker he was a taxi driver and the reason he is not pegao like the way he is supposed to is not because his cd lacks musical quality the merger of Sony music into Sony Music North and South America and the removal of Oscar LLord as head of Sony Latin America which no longer exist, the kid has charisma and vocal talent but regardless the quality of his music i don't think he will surpass 100,000.00 or 200,000.00 copies those are high number for a new tropical act but protagonista de la musica made him an overnight star. I hope he can sell more. one more thing i can smoke bisbal with my vocal range, Huey Dumbar will destroy him on the spot Bisball is a product of great production i have to admit that his charisma surpass any other spaniard ever.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Erickxson

You always disagree with me, only to agree in the end. You have no choice. I hardly ever touch a subject I do not know about. I hope you understand I have nothing against this guy. This dude "El Chopo" has no future. Chopos have no future in pop music. You should know that. The numbers are against them. This guy has the charisma of a "mulo".

It takes a rare combination to succeed in pop. First and foremost is "looks". You got to have that international look. Guys like Chayanne, Ricky Martin, Bisbal, Montero have it. Then you got to have a commercial voice and production. Chayanne is one of the worst voices in Latin Music. Yet he has one of the most commercial voices. He adds an incredible dancing talent and to push it more, some acting. Enrique Iglesias has no voice. He has pedigree, looks, style and other intangibles(I hate this dude, but he is a star)

El Tiguere, or El Chopo has a good voice. So do dozens of singers who compete every week in 9 X 9 Roberto, and Johnny Ventura* talent shows on weekends. But most of these Dominican hopefuls are ugly chopos, both men and women with little chance to succeed, because of their looks. Many are overweight, others are campesinos with no style, some have bad teeth, most have no diction, etc.

In the same show where Bisbal competed and won, there were people who did not belong. That fat woman who had the best voice will never make it as a pop singer. Fat women are out. maybe a rapper could be fat, but not a pop singer. Some women rockers may get away with being fat, but not for long.

I guarantee you that El Tiguere will be history. To come from a chopo background and make it, you need a secret sense. Julio Sabala, a chopo himself, discovered chic, good speech and certain finesse. He tried to separate himself from the rift raft and never admitted to his chopo background. He is now an international star, and his women are always foreign born show business types. Alexander Pyres is a Brazilian chopo who was able to turn himself into a chic black man. I dont think El Chopo can make the changes. he believes this tigeuer shit will sell. I dont.

TW