Strating Watersport business

eric watersport

Sep 18, 2003
Hello,

I'm french and this web is the better than I find about business and life in DR.

I plan to start a watersports business (parasail, waterskiing and jet ski rent) and to live in DR with my wife and my 2 childreen (6 and 9 years old).
I'm looking for informations about legal authorizations to start a business and specialy in watersports business.

It is necessary to be a resident to start a business ?
which are the patents or diploma necessary to this activity ?
Which are the taxes which I must envisage ?
Which is the best place for this business ?

Thanks in advance.

Eric.

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Starting a Watersport business..

Hey Eric I read on here once where someone wanted to start a jet ski business and the fees for importing the equipment stopped them. Check the archives for info on starting that business and see what you find. Good Luck to you and your family. I had a friend in Guam who had a jet ski business. He made good money off Japanese tourists. :) Pam

eric watersport

Sep 18, 2003
Jet ski Business

Thanks goatfarmnga, for these information.

I find in archives, someone who wanted to bring a jet ski from NJ to DR. => Transport cost, US$ 1500.00 just for ocean freight and US$ 300.00 for export documentation.

But it seems there are few jet-ski dealers in DR and will be easyer to buy locally. Do you know how much it cost ?

I read to there legal restrictions to use jet-ski, but I don't find any information about patents or diploma necessary for this business.

Eric.
:cool: