Physic

Dec 9, 2002
This is even spookier than I first thought. I just had another look at it, when I follow the instructions and pick a number then do the maths, the correct symbol comes up. If I don't bother with the numbers and just pick a symbol, it don't work! Very strange.

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
I figured it out but I thought it was funnier when I just left everyone boggled but it. But it works like this. You are going through that formula the number you end up with must be a multiple of 9. That is:

Notice something? Each of those numbers when their digits are added together equals 9. Any two digit number when it's digits are added together and then the result subtracted will flow to this path of least mathmatical resistance.
23: 2+3=5 23-5=18
24: 2+4=6 24-6=18

Now, look at the symbols in the list. They repeat. And the same symbol is marked for every multiple of nine(it changes every time you reload).

Dec 9, 2002
Well, it was really interesting, and really spooky, and had me hooked. I kept going back to it. It was fun.

I didn't want to know how it worked - so Mob's post was great - you could look at the explanation or not - I chose not to.

So thanks Chopical - it's no fun anymore!

I still believe in magic, so now I'm gonna go to the bottom of my garden and chat to the fairies, I'm sure they'll cheer me up ;)

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
Dominican Babe said:
Well, it was really interesting, and really spooky, and had me hooked. I kept going back to it. It was fun.

I didn't want to know how it worked - so Mob's post was great - you could look at the explanation or not - I chose not to.

So thanks Chopical - it's no fun anymore!

I still believe in magic, so now I'm gonna go to the bottom of my garden and chat to the fairies, I'm sure they'll cheer me up ;)

Lol! Perhaps I should edit out the logic they use behind it. You're right it's More fun when there is a mystery! Fairies? That's cute!