What's with the chat board?

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
I've tried to go on to the chat board several times today and nothing happens. Get a message saying it's gathering information, but doesn't go any further. Anyone know why?

Thanks,

Dainne

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
another question/chat problem

i tried getting in on sat. but couldn't. after that when the screen saver next came on the computer froze and all i could do was restart it. are the two related to each other, or is it just coincidence?

turned off the screen saver but still freezes when downloading (at least 10 times today) and the display goes all weird.

mob

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Sometimes (often, these days) when I try to get into the chat, I go through loading process only to have it announce that I have been bounced. If I hit the refresh button, I usually get in then. So try that, folks.

Dec 9, 2002
I have no problems whatsoever getting in the chat room. My problem is because I'm in England and 5 hours ahead of most of you guys, so there's never anyone there to chat to! Perhaps I'll have to start getting up at 4am or something (like that's ever gonna happen) ;)

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Dominican Babe said:
Perhaps I'll have to start getting up at 4am or something (like that's ever gonna happen)
There is an alternative DB...... you could go to bed at 5am, which would give you a hour so so chat time [always thinking of you]. Recall that the only person I've ever "met" in the room was Sonia in Belgium. ARe you sure you're only 5 hours ahead? According to my tick-tock, in the UK you should be about +8 hours.

Best, P

Dec 9, 2002
Yep, we are definitely 5 hours ahead of DR time. Not too sure about the clock on this board though, at the moment it is 1.15pm in England, but the time on my post shows around 2 hours earlier. Must be something to do with the Bermuda Triangle or the Twighlight Zone hahaha.

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
DB, since we're all alone..... except maybe for Anna, I was thinking Paris vice London [need another cuppa]....thanks for bringing me back to reality. I never considered the BTriangle.

Best, P

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Still no go

It seems to stick at the "gathering information" screen and will not go any further. Left it running for about 20 minutes and still no joy.

If it ever does come up, I'll try adding to favorites. Any settings I can check?

Thanks,

Dianne

Okay, got a little further after fiddling and diddling. Now its stops and says; Exception: java.lang.classnotfoundexception:client.class

Does anyone know what this means? Help need and appreciated.

Last edited:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Yea, I've tried several times also to no avail. I think what is happening is that Codetel is overloaded and the search machine, or server, times out. I get this all the time here in Manzanillo. It's like Codetel has your money, now you can go take a flying one at a rolling donut.

Texas Bill