Christmas in the DR

Vestor

Sep 18, 2003
Hello all,

My wife and I are planning a trip to the DR. We are trying to use frequent flier miles and may be there during Christmas. Would you please tell us what the DR is like during the Christmas holidays. Does SD and other cities get real busy?. Are all the hotels (non-AI) full or really hard to obtain a room?. Are buses,taxi cabs,ect. full and hard to get a seat on? Are the beaches heavily populated?
We plan on being in the DR from Dec 13 to dec 29 and wonder how many of these days will be hetic due to the holiday.

Thanks for the help,

Rod

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You shouldn't have too much trouble. You will be arriving before things get busy and even later in the month is not the peak of the season for the hotels.

Vestor

Sep 18, 2003
Ken, thanks for the reply.
This is our first trip to the DR. We would like to give it the "once over" to see if it may be a possible retirement location as we plan to retire in 8 months. Our fear was that during the Christmas holiday, we would not experience the true flavor of the DR.
I would like to thank everybody that posts to DR1 and the people that started and maintain it. I have spent many hours reading threads and have learned a lot.

Thanks,

Rod