caribbean fashion

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
In another thread AZB mentioned to dale7 to wear the current caribbean fashion. So I'm asking

What is the current caribbean fashion for men and for women as well ?

Thanks

And azb said to "dress up" for the Thankgiving Day feast.

So ladies please tell me what that means in hot weather.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Anna, as far as Thanksgiving is concerned, both Barbara and I will be wearing what we would wear for such an activity on any other day. It will be a warm night, the bar will be crowded and hot, and nobody (except maybe AZB) is going to be worried about how people are dressed.

Besides, what does a Pakistani know about Thanksgiving?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Anna, my experience is that I go with just whatever I wear every day... for me it means a pair of linen or light pants, a t-shirt and sandals. Not even for AZB's video will I dress up ;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Re: Fashion

CaribbeanGeorge said:
Linen pants and shirt, long sleeves, coconut buttons and loafers.
Ahhhh, relax over your cold presidente......
:cool:

Coconut buttons? You use coconuts for buttons? Who makes the button holes? Or do you just rip 'em into your shirt ;)

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Anna - we won't be there for THAT feast, but maybe there will be something going on New Year's when we're there.

What I consider dressing up down there is a summer dress in a fabric that is nicer than cotton, say a light washable silk. I'd wear sandals with small heel, with maybe a few rhinestones or beads. At night, I wear more jewelry - couple of bracelets, larger earrings, anklet.

Or maybe capris with matching jacket in silk or linen. or if no jacket, then a wrap (shawl) made of silk or other fine light material. again - dressier sandals, little more jewelry.

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Dress Code

Anna:

In this heat, it means wearing perspiration shields, a tank top (with the big armholes), shorts and flip flops! Maybe a large ice pack or a whole bunch of those little blue plastic thingies you freeze to put in the cooler. Glue 'em together, freeze and wear as a dress.....;)

Dianne

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
How about checking out haute couture from these designers:

Narciso Rodriguez hails from Cuba
Carolina Herrera is Venezuelan
Oscar De La Renta is from the DR

I always loved reading the resort fashion spreads in Vogue, a few more months and that time will be here again.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Dianne the frozen blue thingies made into a dress sounds very interesting. Could start a whole new fashion trend. I guess cotton is the good old stand by.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
MaineGirl said:
How about checking out haute couture from these designers:
Narciso Rodriguez hails from Cuba, Carolina Herrera is Venezuelan
Oscar De La Renta is from the DR. always loved reading the resort fashion spreads in Vogue, a few more months and that time will be here again.
Alba found a few things by Oscar in some shops in Santiago, but the prices for simple linen shirts and slacks were really outrageous.

Dec 9, 2002
XanaduRanch said:
Alba found a few things by Oscar in some shops in Santiago, but the prices for simple linen shirts and slacks were really outrageous.
Anything at all with a big time designer's name tag attached is always going to be wildly expensive. However, the quality of any such garment/accessory will be fabulous. Sadly, I can only afford the "look-a-likes" ;)

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Fashion

Maybe we should come up with a uniform...Yea, that's the ticket.
Let's see, really loud floral shirts with fuchsia or puce shorts and matching tennis shoes. Black or Navy calf high socks would be optional.

Whatdayathink?

Dianne

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Gee, my "Caribbean fashions" were usually platform shoes, spandex halter tops, gold lam? etc.... (The shops near me seemed to cater only to the local working girls, cough*putas*cough.)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
That's funny Jane.
As I was reading this thought went through my head, " what the hell" can't imagine jane dressing like that. Big smile when I got to the punch line.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
It would only be funny, Anna, if it weren't also true!

The flea markets, with all those JC Penny cast-offs from generous Americans who thought they were donating clothes to actual poor people, saved my wardrobe and my "luki".