Merengue Festival

Chuck

Sep 29, 2003
???? Is the merengue festival planned for October 23-26 in Puerto Plata going to happen. I know it was scheduled but there is little or no information about it . Are there any particulars known.?:cool:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The Jazz Festival is on, and I see no reason why this one wouldn't. After all this anxiety due to the multiple aftershocks, the people of Puerto Plata need the entertainment. And the merengue festival is mostly an outdoor event!

Chuck

Sep 29, 2003
:confused: The jazz festival is being advertised in the POP Report . The Merengue Festival is not. I have my doubts because of the lack of advertising. Can anyone else comment?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The Jazz Festival is 100% privately organized. The Merengue Festival is mainly the responsibility of the Ministry of Tourism (government), with the support of the private sector. Thus the difference in the organization and the promotion of the event. The best person to contact for more information on what is going on in Puerto Plata is Hans Dannenberg at the Puerto Plata Hotel Association. <hansahpp@hotmail.com>

Chuck

Sep 29, 2003
Delores , Thanks for the information. The Dept of Tourism has made it official according to DR1. The POP merengue festival is on Oct. 23-26. We are arriving on the 26th. It should be fun.:cool:

bryan

Mar 9, 2002
hello,

where is the festival going to be at in Puerto Plata? I am going the 22-26 of Oct. Any other information about the festival?

thanks,
bryan

Chuck

Sep 29, 2003
Bryan, to the best of my knowledge, the festival will be held on the Malecan(?). It is the beach walkway to the north of town. Should be a great time........Go Cubs, go. :cool: