Immigration now charging more for overstaying 90 days??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Does anybody know what's going on at the airport nowadays re: fees for overstaying 90 days? As we all know, the fees were very nominal and they had a chart for 91 days to 5 years! I just had a friend of a friend leave who has been in Las Terrenas for the last 3 years and they (Puerto Plata airport) tried to charge her $12K US... yes US not RD!!! She then showed that she had a work permit (it had expired), and they said oh that's different and she just had to pay the normal nominal fee. This is not heresay... this was my friend's girlfriend (French).

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Act stupid

I just left Puerto Plata after not going out of the DR for over 5 years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I told them that I lost my tourist card and only use my birth cert.

( NEVER USE PASSPORT )

Play Dumb.......Just another Stupid Gringo

The fine $10.00

Case closed!

Last edited:

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Play dumb

Same happenned to me few years ago, told the female imigration officer that I over stayed, reason, taking pictures of her beauthiful, great country, a little flirt and there you go $10 bucks.
Done.
:bunny:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Please send me her name and phone number!

I have a "Bridge" in Brooklyn that I want to sell her! You say she has been in Las Terrenas for 3 years? Didn't she learnanything at all about this country in 3 years???? Cris Colon

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Obviously the guy needed a deposit for a new jeepeta.

I'll close the thread rather than send it to the Clown Bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.