Jim, kindly answer your email!! and AA has great fare MIA-SDQ at $169. total..

M

Mike

Connect in MIA ?

That is indeed strange...I suppose you could connect in Miami from New York, alot of options doing it that way and I think Tower Air still running special from JFK to MIA..Most of the snowbirds go back north after Easter, maybe the DR residents in NYC are being sent home for the summer? No holiday I'm aware of but of course, the areas I visit are not holiday oriented. I search out the neighborhoods for the best fighting chicken I can find, purchase him/her, and enter the fray at the fights. Bringing in your own chicken has become difficult. I also enjoy Boca Chica on weekends.

Mike

J

Jim Hinsch

If you are referring to Jim Hinsch in your subject "Jim, kindly answer your E-mail", I have been receiving and answering all E-mail. Is there one you sent I did not respond to?

I've already got tickets to Santo Domingo for this weekend. I leave tomorrow morning.

Jim Hinsch JimHinsch@CSI.COM

M

Mindy

local Customs????

What are some of the local customs in the Dominican Republic????

thanks

Mindi

M

Mike

The most important one..is..

Ask the price of anything you want, never assume or you will be ripped off.

If you are betting on a cock (not reccomended for females) always make sure you know enough spanish to know that the fight was not declared a draw..I have seen DR men try and collect from a tourist simply because the cock was hurt, ect..when in fact the match was a draw due to time limit.

Mike

N

NewT

Yes, but the planes from New York are completely oversold. Is there some sort of special event or holiday I don't know about?

T

Toni Riehle

Re: local Customs????

i'm doing a report on the dominican replubic but i can't find much information on the web. i only need the basics, weather, government, common foods, desserts, customs, dress. so if anybody knows of a site or is dominican would you please e-mail me with some information. (the report is due this week so i need it fast-thanx)

D

DR One

Re: local Customs????

See: http://www.dr1.com/travel/English/Profile.html

and

http://www.dr1.com/travel/English/TRAVFood.html