cigars

skrapet

Oct 19, 2003
Hey!
I will travel to the Dr first time. Every friend of mine asked me to bring handmade cigars with me when I come home. Please:
1: Where should I buy them? Public? Airport? Stores?
2: How mwny cigars can I take home legally?
Many thanks.

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
I bought some from a place called Museo del Tabaco located in the Colonial Zone of Santo Domingo. They had a large selection and they even let me sample before I purchased. The exact address is:
Centro Comercial Colon
Boutique 3. 1er. Piso, Zona Colonial
Santo Domingo, RD
Tel:689-7665/682-7047
I don't know much about cigars, but this is the only place I had time to visit and I liked it. They have their own handmade brand and many other popular brands as well. Good luck

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you are going back to the USA

then you do not want to buy anything from Cuba--especially at the airport.

Next, if you are in Santo Domingo, one of the best places to buy cigars is right next to the Metro station near Winston Chruchill Ave. The is a cigr store in Hotel Lina that is good.

If you come to Santiago, you can visit a factrory or two...this is where they are made.

US allows you 50 cigars as does Canada. You can take more but you run a small risk.

HB, cigar guru!! Hahaha Well, it's true!!

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
You can also go to the cigar store of the Hotel Jaragua, Santo Domingo Cigar Club, or in the 27 de febrero to Cigar Club where you can find Arturo Fuentes cigars. You can also find them where Hillbly said, at the Hotel Lina.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Stay away from the Fuente cigars

Only because they are three times the price for the same cigar in any good cigar store in the States.

You can get excellent cigars at very good prices, but NOT the Fuente product.
the reason is because ALL of Fuente's Prodict is first shipped to Tampa, where the Newmans handle it and then re-ship it back here paying enormous freight and customs ...

Just a word to the wise...

HB