Any experiences with fianc? visa and the American consulate in SD?

flordeluz

Jan 10, 2003
I am currently processing this type of visa for my boyfriend. The petition has been approved and sent to the consulate in DR.

I?m just wondering what experiences any of you may have had in this process that you know about or someone else went through? Share the questions they asked. Also, is it true that they only ask questions to the petitioner? (unless of course they separate the two).

Gracias;)

S

Stephen

I have heard...........

.............from a friend of mine (American girl) who recently got hers approved (just over 1 year ago) (they have a child together) that when they went for the final hearing here in Santo Domingo they seperated them and asked things like:

Where did you stay last night in Santo Domingo, Did you sleep in the same bed, did you have sex, what kind of toothpaste does he like etc. Then asked the same questions of him.....

I would say that whatever you do, don't try to say what you think they want to hear, if you both answer honestly you won't take a chance of getting caught in a lie.

By the way, their's was approved and they are now married living in the US. He has a green card and is working.

canadiangirl

Feb 21, 2002
visa

On the subject of visa, of course by my name you know I'm from
Canada so I'm not sure about the US process. My husband and I were married in May(after a three year courtship), filed our papers in June, he went for his interview last week, and received his visa. The interview was about on hour long, asked him question about how we met, about our wedding, our honeymoon(when and where), what side of the bed I slept on, what I like in my coffee, what is my favorite meal, about my family, how many brothers I have, why he wanted to come to Canada (now they didn't know the answers to any of these questions but they weren't looking for the answer but how he answered them). He is very well educated, speaks english, some french and spanish, this certainly helped alot. We had been to the embassy in PP a few times and got to know the girls who work there. They were alot of help with preparing us for the interview and we thank them so much for that. I was not with my husband at the time of his interview but his family was there to support him. You know alot of people had their doubts that we could do this and the road was long and bumpy, but with our strong love and committment to each other.....WE MADE IT good luck......

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
Experiences with Fiance Visa

There is a great group with Yahoo Groups that you can join and ask tons of questions and get tons of answers. This group has people that have gone through the process or are going through it. I have actually joined this group, since I am going to process my I-129F when I get back from the DR in December. Where are you from and what service center did you end up going through?

Here is the email address to join:

K-1visa_DR-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I think you will get a lot of information from this group.