where to go in DR? non-touristic places!

Bianca

Oct 22, 2003
Hello everyone,

I'm planning a 3-weeks stay in the DR from about 25 December- 20 January. I didn't decide yet where to go, and I definately need some good suggestions. So hope you can help!

I would like to rent a small apartment (1 bedroom) somewhere and this is what I want:

-beautiful, not crowded beach
- quiet/ green area
- not touristic (or just a little)!!

I really want to relax and furthermore enjoy the nature, do some hiking/diving/snorkling, visit nice places and do some daytrips to get to know the island.

Where should I rent an apartment than? Or would you suggest 1,5 week North, 1,5 week South or something like that?

Hope you can help! Thank you!!

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
El Marinique in Las Galeras is very quiet with a great view of the bay. There are lots of "nature" things to do there, but you won't find tourist bars or any of that sort of thing. Andy and Nicole will help you set up any day trips that you want to take.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Hi Mainer!
It's nice to see you back. And even more nice for your thoughtful comment about our hotel, el Marinique.
And Bianca, you can discover a lot more about the Samana peninsula (and check out our hotel's page) in my new website, www.samanaonline.com that is just now going up on the 'net's search engines. Although new and still growing, it already contains a lot more information about our peninsula and all it's attractions.