Cooking Chivo

I'm curious to hear how people like to eat Chivo. My wife and I love to experiement in the kitchen once we get tired of the traditional way of preparing things.

When It comes to Chivo, I like it with Curry and my wife likes to marinate in and season it with a lot of Oregano. Both ways I love.
Since my wife and I had a good Herb year in seasonal Virginia we played with all types of methods, but my favorite is chivo in a variety of thick sauces and fire up with different peppers, curry and my old favorite when food does not have flavor.....Tobasco.

Or I will create a rub with brown sugar, peppers, oregano, salt and paparika and slap it on the grill not to over cook it.

I was thinking about planting oregano for my goats to eat in order to have the natural flavor in there system, a known practice used in DR.

Anybody can offer their 2 cents on preparing goat. No quotes from recipe books, I'm interested in family or personal "concoctions" <---- (I think I spelled it right)

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Wrong web site.

Do a search for Aunt Clara's (here), go to the site and you will be delighted by what you discover. I was.

Dianne

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
An ingredient that can't be left out "un pote de lavagallo" (cheap whiskey or rum) Allthough my husband (the real chef) would disagree and say good quality liquor. If that is not availabe, then beer will do (at home I use Heineken as the Coronas are for my friend and I to enjoy, and Heineken is what the husbands drink. This must be done while they are not looking). hee hee

Chef Lina;)

bueeeeno :cool:

i'll have to look into that. I have some "Presidente" in the frig.

Question about cheap alcohol. I don't drink but cook with it.
What constitutes cheap alcohol...the ahcohol content or the flavor of the alcohol after your burn it off when cooking with it.