Marriage Certificate needed

indiana

Nov 5, 2003
Hello one and all! I am a Canadian citizen and am looking to get a marriage certificate from Santo Domingo. I live in Toronto and am looking for someone to help in getting a copy of the certificate.I need an address or something. I have met the man of my dreams and I want to re-marry. The man I married in santo Domingo was also a canadian ecuadorian man and we are still good friends and he supports the divorce. Is there anyone that can help a lovesick woman? it is 8:55am in Toronto right now. the weather is gloomy and cold. Hope you are having better weather. Your country is sooooo beautiful. All the best

Indiana;)

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
To search for a marriage certificate in the Dominican Republic without a copy of the certificate or without knowledge of the appropriate jurisdiction and the date of the marriage is not an easy proposition. The problem is that there are no central records. There are more than 100 local "oficial?as" (civil registry offices) in the Dominican Republic where marriages are recorded, depending where the marriage took place. It is essential, therefore, to know where exactly in the Dominican Republic you were married. If it was in the city of Santo Domingo, the search could be narrowed down to about 15 offices.