Latin Music in Niagara Falls area

L

Lilian

For those of you living in or near Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, there is now a nightclub doing latin nights. We have an excellent DJ (Gerardo Guerra)and free dance instruction (Nelson "Pochi" Santiago "El Dominicano". We welcome our friends from across the border. For more info, call 905-357-3876 or just go to:

5890 Main Street, (corner of Lundy's Lane [Ferry Street]/Main) Niagara Falls, Ontario

Also, there is a big festival coming in June, put on by a group of people in St. Catherines. It is called Latin Extravaganza and is a two-day event (June 26 and 27) featuring latin/tropical music, dance, food, crafts, etc. Join the fun at Port Dalhousie. For more information on this festival, call Tourism Dept., City of St. Catherines at (905) 688-5600 or e-mail: pedro@vaxxine.com "Banda Bella" and "Dominicanada"(my favourite) will be featured.

T

tracy

Could that be 'El Convento' ? I was on holiday in Toronto (with obligatory visit to Niagara on the Lake & falls ) and we had a great latin night there .

E

edward

I remember I used to go to Niagara Falls a lot, both sides of the border when I was studying at the University of Buffalo (1992-1997). back then, there was only a couple of places that had Latin Night. In Toronto there was disco somewhere in Spadina street (can't remember the name) where they also had latin nights.

-Edward

V

VONNIE

can someone please tell me how far from the falls is this place

L

Lori

From Niagar Falls to St.Catharines it takes approximately 15 minutes via the QEW. Take the Ontario St. North exit, go to the second set of stoplights(Lakeport Road)turn left and follow the street across the bridges into Port Dalhousie. Follow the signs into Lakeside Park. This is where Latin Extravaganza is being held, between the old carousel and the pavillion. Enjoy!

E

edward

I now remember the name of the place. It is/was called The Flamingo

L

Lilian

If you mean "Plaza Flamingo", it is at College and Bathurst across the road from El Rancho which is also great.

V

VONNIE

I would like to know exact location , how from from the buffalo boarder are they

J

Jensita

El Rancho and Plaza Flamingo are just east of Bathurst on College street. They are accross the street from each other and owned by the same person. You can get to them from the US or Niagara Falls by taking the QEW North to the Gardiner Expressway and get off at the Sky Dome (York St???) Go north to College and turn left. Plaza Flamingo is on your left and El Rancho is on your right. I believe that El Rancho is open until 2 am and Plaza Flamingo is open all night. I frequent El Rancho on a regular basis and there is a lot of salsa with a mix of some merengue, bachata etc.... Its a great night club with two floors of dancing and lessons before hand. I think the lessons start at 8 pm and they cost 10 dollars.

Visit the link below for further info on the club.

BAILE !!!!!

Jensita.