Medical school in D.R. questions

T

tony

Hola, I am considering applying to the Iberoamerican University School of Medicine. I have visited the D.R. last year and found it greatly to my liking. I am currently working as a Paramedic in Florida. What information I seek is regarding addmissions (waiting list legnth, credit for pre-med curriculum, etc.), costs, ability to obtain a residency in a U.S. or European hospital, and many more. Thank you kindly for any help you may provide. Tony

S

Salvador Tejeda

Hey, Tony: My wife and I came down here 2 years ago from the D.C. area to go to med school. We planned to go to Universidad Iberoamericana (UNIBE) but ended up going somewhere else. There's no waiting list, it'll cost you about US$3,500 every 4 months and it's a pretty decent school. As far as getting a residency at a US hospital, that depends on you and on how well you do on the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).

T

Tom

Tony

>>>>>>Hola, I am considering applying to the Iberoamerican University School of Medicine. I have visited the D.R. last year and found it greatly to my liking. I am currently working as a Paramedic in Florida. What information I seek is regarding addmissions (waiting list legnth, credit for pre-med curriculum, etc.), costs, ability to obtain a residency in a U.S. or European hospital, and many more. Thank you kindly for any help you may provide. Tony >>>>>>

Tony

Write to Dr Ernest Campbell. He is a retired US Surgeon living in Santo Domingo. He has taught, published and practiced in both companies. He will give you the non sugar coated details, take heed of them

You can also write to my friend, Dr Cynthia Disla, A female Dominican Doctor who has just passed a placement for a general surgery residency (Yeah) and she may enlighten you on the pitfalls of a female struggling in a male oriented society

Good luck

Tom

J

jay

Tony,

i plan on attending the school as well. ARE u deff. going there? I am looking for people who are as i am a little hesitant about going to a foreign country.

Email me,

Thanks

jay

T

tony

Salvador, thanks for posting. I've been researching heavily. I'm going to med school. I hope to attend UNIBE. Best of luck to you and the missus. Tony

D

DR One

Anyone seeking to study medicine in the DR should order the Living in Santo Domingo book available on this web site. It has a chapter written for those seeking to study medicine in the DR with tons of good advice.