Where I am in Santiago

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
HB's computer is a little messed up so I can't post a reply to the one thread that I already started. All I can do is make a new thread. Anyway, I'm here. I've had my first Presidente in almost a year and toasted our friend Jan with it, as she has had a rather bad run of it lately. [see you saturday, Jan, si Dios me permite].

You can reach me at the Hotel Colonial, 247-3122, room #23, if anybody wants to go and "do something" as we like to say in the US. Leave a message if I'm not around. I think all staff know me by now as I'm sure I've annoyed everybody with my halting attempts to speak the local language. It's good to be back. Good thing I remembered to bring my rain jacket, eh?
L8er,
SLM

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Thanks for having a bien fria for me. Today couldn't find a good cold one for the life of me.So ot's good you at least got a cold one and thought of me
Now the electricity in the kitchen...found out the landlord connected it to a neighbor almost 2 years ago and they disconnected it. Now I'm going to have to pay for that!
This country...CO?O...always something and really right now I don't need the extra stress..
But the good side..the power is back on for a few hours so there will be cold beer soon. And the neighbor fixed the electric free and gave me a boquet of flowers(made me cry). And another neighbor saw me stressed and came with a giant glass of mamajuana. Now you all know why I love this country. May be alot of problems but these people are great!
Love it here still even with all the problems.