Seems to be more Guns visible on the streets lately

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Is it just me or are more Guns visible on the streets lately?
I went to the Bakery this morning and the owner was packing a 38. in his belt, I aslo noticed two customers standing in line packing Guns.

Do you think people are getting nerves, or afraid of being robbed.

I remember when Balaguer was President many carried Guns in plan view...( Like the wild west ) and then when Leonel got in you did not see as many people carrying any more....

Just my observation.

Gringo

principe

Nov 19, 2002
dude

i've got 7 guns on me right now and im ready to use if the peso hits 42.0 watch out

oniblast

Apr 26, 2003
True...

I bet we'll be seeing way more guns in the streets...it's true that people are afraid of getting robbed...I would ask myself...Why not buy a gun??? unemployment is growing more everyday..what do you think that will create???? more bumbs, more people just playing dominoes in the streets from monday to monday, more pleople without an income and an enormous hunger for money.

So what would be the best way of getting fast money without having a job??? Steal it..

So yes...our great DR is turning into the Wild Wild West yeeeha!!

Last edited:

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
More and more locals want to carry a guy from what my husband tells me. In the past month there have been 2 incidents on the stretch of road from Bahia Principe to Rio San Juan. People are being tricked by a person(s) lying on the ground - looking like they need help and for those people driving by that stop to help...be aware that most likely there is a group of 3 or more waiting on a moto ready to pounce on the first car that stops and steal everything! This just happened to some locals and has happened in the past to tourists. If you have to travel at night - it would be a good idea, in my opinion, to carry a gun.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I haven't noticed a thing different concerning guns or problems that are any different than a year ago in the Sosua/Cabarete area. I have no more of an urge to carry a gun any more than I did before. Well except for the dope that burned tires in the road right before my turn off and made me go a hour and a half out of my way coming back from Santiago. I could have shot that SOB if I had a gun.