Whats happening lately?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
-As far as I am concerned I do not foresee good sales at the Banco Popular Auto Show. Sticker shock is now schizo!! Can you believe $US100,000 for a Lexus SC430? The Nissan Z car is being offered at US$47,000. Most jeepetas exceed US$50,000. The new Caddy mid-size US$50,000.

-Praia is not the only club keeping blacks and chopos out. After the Vickiana daughter incident where the DA is now investigating the club for racial discrimination, the talk of the town is....what about the other clubs on Lincoln, Gustavo Mejia Ricart and other Piantini clubs. Chopos are being sent home routinely.

-Hipolito Mejia is panicking issuing tax exemptions for cars to city mayors in DR(99% PPH members) and giving away zinc, lumber and cement everywhere. Its too late. Hippo is now a dead duck next Sunday. Fello will sweep. Hippo mught pull out before Sunday.

-Hatuey De Camps devised a masterful fraud last Sunday stuffing ballot boxes. Yet, this is within PRD tradition, where the best fraud man wins. His victory is already a done deal and now he seats pretty to negotiate with Fello to keep the party control, while Fello tries to beat Leonel, an uphill battle at best.

-The Chamber of Deputies is coming out with a "new image" TV ad campaign. Just what we need. More spending on useless government ads. Anyone seen the super-luxury book put out by Tony Raful, Culture Minister about his administration? What for?

-The chief of security for Hippo minister Hernani Salazar, an army officer is in the midst of a major scandal. Nothing new. Our army is now the equivalent of the Russian Mafia. Keep away from them

-Most of our "megadivas" are coming out with calendars, which supposedly will be sold abroad in the USA, Mexico, Spain, etc. does anyone know who would buy a calendar with pictures from these unknown broads anywhere except their families? From what I hear these calendars are being financed by their "chulos".

-I predicted the "widow" of Jose Castro, the well- deserved
victim of her own rage, would be set free soon. Her case has now been classified as "correctional", not "criminal", the first step towards her release. She is the new woman heroin.

-The problems DR is facing can be best explained by the success of three major concerts held in the middle of the storm last Saturday. Villalona, the Regetton and the Grupo Mio concerts took place, while cooking gas is non-existent and more trees are being burned in out mountains. Thousands lining up for "Perico Ripiao at $140 a ticket. We just dont care. Que se joda todo, y mierda para los pobres. The poor are the first in line at these concerts. Let them pay for higher fares and all. I dont fell sorry for them.

-In spite of the high gas prices, the poor are driving more and going out more and paying for higher transportation. Should we feel sorry for them? I want $200 a gallon for gas. I want $500 movie price tickets. Codetel will increase internet in January. How About $5000 a month to keep the rift raft out?. **** the poor.

TW

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Golo, don't let the weather and the economy make you lose your focus

You usually come up with as much news as old news, but this post is mostly old news:

- Jim Crow policies at public accommodation facilities (add the Hispaniola disco to your list)

- new car dealer sticker shock (no pity for the poor but outrage that greedy oligarchs are made to pay through the nose?)

- graft, election fraud, waste, and assorted Machiavellian machinations amongst the political class (as old as the vote in this country)

- disenfranchised citizens seemingly oblivious to their economic plight ("no importa la hora, vamos bailar!")

Keep it coming, I know you will do better once your anger subsides...

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Arturo

I also enjoyed your "latest news" report from "A $30 pesos por un dolar? Vamos a ver", "Golo, how could you let Hipolito cook up this pesos/dollar scheme?" and "it's getting hot in herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre!"

Glad to see your anger has subsided. But your information, as well as others' contributions are highly appreciated, since I use whatever new I can find here to report it in other forums, or exchanging ideas with my friends. Suggestion: Try to come up with names, places, events, real gossip, inside information, rumors(they always seem to come true in DR)

TW

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
You mean.....

Selling your cedula is the trick. You cannot sell your vote. Nobody would trust you to take the money and vote on your own. Besides, it is risky. They may lose your cedula and it would cost you more to get a replacement.

TW