weather june / july

neilr134

Jan 5, 2004
Hi,

WE are looking at visiting DR as a change from european resorts end june/early july. I Guess it will be amazing, just slightly concerned about the weather.

I see the wet season starts june and goes to nov, and have all the monthly rainfall charts in the brochures.

Is it likely the rain will be short and sharp, or would it be on-going. I could handle short and sharp, but if it went on for days, i think it would spoil the experience.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
With unusual exceptions, like two or three weeks in late November and December when it rained for several days -- with hours of sunshine in between -- weather in the DR is mostly partly cloudy with an occasional short shower. I would not rely on historic weather data because given global climate changes, these are not reliable anymore. Chances are you will have good weather as high as rain can be forecast for London. See http://dr1.com/travel/expect/weather.shtml

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I have been to the DR 4 times at the end of May. It is not always going to be the same but........................ we have always had excellent weather. Whenever it did rain it was heavy but over and done with and dry again within an hour.

I am sure you will get nice weather (i hope you do anyway because i am going on the 7th of June!)

You will love it, it makes a nice change from Majorca etc!