Codetel Flash - Problems ?

roca

Jun 23, 2003
I've been using Codetel Flash for about a year and a half now. I have the 1.5mbs plan which is the fastest they offer. Always working without any problems. Yet since November of 2003 I've noticed a sharp decrease in data transfers rates. I'm a big gamer and I used to have download rates of 115 - 140 when downloading files, since November it has dropped to about 30 - 40. My brother is having the same problems, so I would like to know if any Flash subscribers have noticed anything like it is described here.

NOTE: You can only notice the deficiency when downloading files, NOT when surfing the web.

If your plan is at 384 your download rate should be aprox. 30 - 42
If your plan is at 512 your download rate should be aprox. 48 - 60
If your plan is at 768 your download rate should be aprox. 70 - 80
If your plan is at 1.5 your download rate should be aprox. 90 - 150

Please verify this, as in my case I am paying for the most expensive plan yet I'm only receiving the cheapest plan and this is pissing me off.

In a couple of days I will let you know what CODETEL has done about this and the joke of a response they have given me.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Might want to check the sources you are downloading from, as they may not be able to keep up with your bandwidth, or be busy or whatever.

Many service providers internationally are beginning to seriously limit upstream bandwidth for home users, so this will affect you if you are used to downloading alot of stuff P2P.

I do most of my downloading from premium US based NNTP servers with Newsbin Pro and for the last 3 years I have been using Codetel Flash I have consistently gotten at least 70% of the bandwidth they promised me, except in the early days when Codetel seemed to have it's own in country News server, then I used to get download speeds upwards of 1mbps even though my plan was only for 512. (this only lasted a couple of weeks)

roca

Jun 23, 2003
I pay for premium file servers such as fileplanet.com in order to use their high bandwith servers. Non-paying members get regular servers. And nothing happens. I download a lot from Microsoft and Apple and nothing. And I especially download from 5am on. I doubt there is a traffic problem at this time. But thanks, let's see if anyone else is having any problems.

ROBERT: How can your upload speed be higher than your download?

Last edited:

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
My Flash has been slow as well. It was slow in the old apartment and it is still slow here. At the old place I used to get almost 512 DL speed. I now am getting 132, even though I am paying for 768.

Codetel sucks big time but they have no competition. I had severe problems downloading files for work and needed to DL in pieces etc.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I havent had any problems with my Flash service but I have one of the slower services...

Anyone else having problems getting Netmeeting to work through Flash?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
roca said:
ROBERT: How can your upload speed be higher than your download?

I would assume by the ISP throttling or capping the download speed. That's the beauty of DSL, at the switch they can adjust this very easily on an individual account basis.

Just did another test.

Server 1:
your download ?276 kbps
your upload ?309 kbps

Server 2:
your download ?197 kbps
your upload ?307 kbps

Last edited: