How many minutes from Puerto Plata?

michelle2504

Jan 29, 2003
Hello,

I am interested in finding out how far the Iberostar Costa Dorada resort is from Puerto Plata/ Sosua?

My husband and I used to work in Punta Cana, but now we are thinking about moving to Puerto Plata because when we worked at Iberostar in Punta Cana it was an hour commute to and from work everyday.( We lived in Higuey)

Any other advice regarding rent, cost of living in Puerto Plata would be appreciated.

Thanks, Michelle

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No hour here. The resort is outside Puerto Plata on the road to Sosua. Distance in your own car to Sosua during the day, 15-20 minutes. Probably more at night, at least until you know the road, due to the large number of potholes you must be on the watch for.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Costa Dorada

Costa Dorada is very close to Playa Dorada if you know that area , it is five minutes from Pto.Pta or 30 minutes from Sosua.

Rents for one bedroom furnished apartments in Pto.Pta run between RD. $3000.00 to RD $10.000 depending on the luxury's ie. pool, cable, tv, fridge, stove, hot water, security and of course area......

Before you lay your normal deposit fee down plus first and last months rent (Three months up front) it would be a very good idea to check the area first and make sure you are going to be able to sleep at night, not easy in most places.

Good Luck

Gringo

michelle2504

Jan 29, 2003
Thanks for both replies. I think my husband and I will look into the area. It seems to be a good option for us and the rent seems a little more reasonable that what we were paying in Higuey.

We are currently still in Canada but we will probably be going back within the next few weeks. It will also be closer to his family as he is from Bonao.

We are not very familiar with the North Coast some any insight or hints are very much welcome.

Thanks, Michelle