sports memorabilia

tngold

Jul 15, 2003
I have a sports memorabilia business in the United States and was wondering with so many Dominicans in the major leagues if any Dominican kids collect baseball cards. I realize with the economic situation it would be hard if not impossible for them to buy them and I doubt anyone in the DR even sells them but given the opportunity would they like them. I will be visiting feb 11-18 and thought about putting together a few hundred single cards of Dominican players and giving them away to the kids. What to you all think? What would be the best way to distribute them?

Lissa

Aug 7, 2003
www.lldesigndr.com
I CONGRATULATE YOU!!! I think is very noble and kind from you to do this, the kids over here really needs acts like this..If you need support, backup or help I'll be there.. I guess one of the best places to do this is in a poor kid's baseball league, there are plenty... In Santo domingo in the Olympic center there are always kids playing baseball..

tngold

Jul 15, 2003
Well thank you I appreciate the nice words. Lissa I take it you live in the DR and if so what part? It would be nice to have some help with this potential project. I have never been to the Santo Domingo area so if you could help with the distribution part that would be great. I was thinking maybe making up some gift kits kind of like "goody bags". I think this would be best to put together after I was in country due to customs and security. I could probably just carry all the materials in a suitcase. Do you think the fact that baseball cards for example are printed in english would be a problem?

Lissa

Aug 7, 2003
www.lldesigndr.com
I'm in the Santo domingo area. I think the kits is a great idea and the fact that the cards are printed in english is not a problem at all because they usually care about the photo and the numbers and as all the info is abbreviated the language doesn't really matter.. contact me at Lissa Feliz and let me know when you're comming here.

wilson hernande

Jul 2, 2004
dominican bigleaguers baseball cards

tngold said:
I have a sports memorabilia business in the United States and was wondering with so many Dominicans in the major leagues if any Dominican kids collect baseball cards. I realize with the economic situation it would be hard if not impossible for them to buy them and I doubt anyone in the DR even sells them but given the opportunity would they like them. I will be visiting feb 11-18 and thought about putting together a few hundred single cards of Dominican players and giving them away to the kids. What to you all think? What would be the best way to distribute them?

Hola! I am a dominican baseball fanatic and collect dominican players' baseball cards. I live in the US. I teach and coach baseball in HS. For the dominican kids it is very expensive to buy baseball cards. They love the game and know about all the players in the major leagues. The best way to distribute cards to them, as I do, is going to the baseball fields and towns around the country and just hand the cards to the kids. ( if you give the cards to an adult usually he will keep the cards). Just go to the towns and give the cards personally to the kids, dominicans as well as other players. You will be very happy and you will have an awesome experience. www.wilher.4t.com