Jan 2004 Numbers

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
For those geeks that like crunching stats.
These are the lastest numbers relating to DR1 for Jan 2004.

Received over 62,000 unique surfers from various search engines.

Averaged 600,000 hits per day.
(How Idiots Track Success)

Averaged 1.9 GB of bandwidth per day.

Exceeded 180,000 unique individuals.

Served just under 8,000,000 pages.

Sent approx. 173,000 emails (Daily/Travel News)

By mid February the site will be running off of a Dual 2.4 GHz Xeons server with more bandwidth than we could ever use :)

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
Robert said:
....... with more bandwidth than we could ever use :)

Geez, don't say that. People will start posting bunches of pictures of airplanes again....... :)

Congrats, Rob and Dolores, and all connected with DR1.
What a great place in cyberspace to gather this is!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Great stuff Robert and Dolores.

And here I was the other day deleting useless threads thinking we needed space. ;)

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
I don't know Robert, you may become a media empire. What next? DR1 love personals? DR1 shopping? You are starting to get the nielson-computer-ratings numbers that get advertisers very interested. fyi: secret, secret- one of your subscribers is part of that nielsen sample.

Dec 9, 2002
Congratulations to all at DR1 and thank you for making the site the success it is. It is the only website I visit on a daily basis.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Reminds me of an very old and non-PC story

Two gay guys were walking down by the tip of Manhattan. One, the out-of-towner, cooed: "Oh what a lovely boat!!"

The other answered: "That's a ferry boat"

The first one said: "Oh! I knew we were big, but I didn't know we had a Navy!!"

WOW, congratualtions Robert and Dolores!! We are big!

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Speaking for the "DMU",(Dr1 Moderators Union)

We know that this DR1 "Good Fortune" will be shared with us!If not,remember,even old men can get ANGRY!!! (Anna,and Pib excluded)

Congratilations To our "Bosses!"

Cris Colon;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
JanH said:
Robert - do you have that broken down for just the DR1 Forum section?

Yes, but some numbers we keep to ourselves :)

I can tell you we had around 6,600 posts in Jan 2004 and that for every member on the board we have 4-5 guests. Sometimes we have 250-300 looking at the board all at the same time.

Last edited:

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
Robert said:

By mid February the site will be running off of a Dual 2.4 GHz Xeons server with more bandwidth than we could ever use :)

Gee Great! Now if you could just fix the time, you'd really be hot ****!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
ROTFL! Good one, C.W.

But you don't understand. The DR1 server time is correct. It's just ahorita on Dominican time. Like, if I ask Alba to do something now, by the time she does it the DR1 time reflects the actual time that I made the request - give or take a calendar day or two.

Works for me! LOL.

Tom (aka XR)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Congrats! You've really made this site something to be very proud of. This is also the only site I visit daily...actually, several times daily! And what awesome relationships I've created through Board acquaintances...thanks for everything and keep up the good work!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I will take this moment to say thanks.

I am sure I have said it personally, but I am all for not withholding sentiments, here I go.

If sometimes you think that this is a lot of work, and that maybe you don't see its importance, let me assure you, few things in life can be life-changing. DR1 is one of them.

I've gained a wealth of knowledge, patience and wisdom from this site. I have met people who have done business with me and who have served me professionaly and I got nothing but the best (introduce Fabio-rave here). I have found some of my dearest friends here (you know who you are). I have found direction and purpose, a voice and many ears. How appropriate that I was introduced to this site by my dearest friend and personal hero D.D.

Thanks Dolores and Rob.

D.D.

Apr 27, 2002
Old timer

I have been a member since day one, I think.(when was that anyways? cough it up Robert. When was the first day that DR1 was on the internet? One of these days we may have to start celebrating the DR1 anniversary). I have enjoyed every minute of DR1 since I joined the crew years ago. Great site! Great people!

Thanks Robert and Dolores

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Rob when was DR1's first day on the net and what members are still around today?

I joined July of 1999. I was looking for info on Sosua and found DR1.

And I have to agree with Trina. The great friends I have made through DR1 is just amazing. Maybe it's the DR connection we all have in common.

Ok now everyone tell us when you joined and how you found DR1.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Rob and Dolores,

The numbers are great. It shows growth and potential.

I found out the secret why the website was named DR1. Because ...........Andre Agassi said "being number two sucks".

Let us all keep up the good work.

Regards, PJT

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
If it wasn't for this site I may not be in this country right now.

Even yho everyone told me not to come here. Said I'd never make it. I bless you all for being here for me with a wealth of info.

Also have met many great people through this place. Many I concider part of my extended family.

Gracias a Dios por DR1 !!!

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
congratulations!!

Anna Coniglio said:
Rob when was DR1's first day on the net and what members are still around today?

I joined July of 1999. I was looking for info on Sosua and found DR1.

And I have to agree with Trina. The great friends I have made through DR1 is just amazing. Maybe it's the DR connection we all have in common.

Ok now everyone tell us when you joined and how you found DR1.

I'm very thankful as well for DR1. I joined last March after I returned from a trip to the DR. There was some family discussion about who will head one of our offices down there and as everyone know, I'm just looking for an excuse to leave NYC. But anyway, at the mtg. I nominated myself, I have the experience and dedication they were looking for so I felt very qualified. Well, now I know how those new posters feel when they ask some naive question and ken, or HB chews them up real good. I felt totally deflated when my father told me to go back home, learn about the real Dr then come back and we will see what we can do. A friend of mine is a member and she suggested I joined. I have learned so much this past year and am very grateful to those posters who take the time to explain things without being condescending.

Last edited: