Rent deposit in Banco agricola

Aidan

Jan 15, 2004
Hi everyone,

I need to know if the law 1788 about Casas y alquileres deshaucio it's still active.

Do the tenant has to deposit two month of rent at the Banco Agricola?

Aidan

Jan 15, 2004
what if the landlord increase my rent and I refuse?

Could I deposit the rent money first in Banco Agricola to protect myself, that way my landlord couldn' t kick me out.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
That's what I hear can be done, but I've never been in that situation. I think my general response to a disagreeable rent increase would be to move out after living out my deposit. So far though I've had a good reason to move once a year or so (found a better place, could afford a better place etc.) so I haven't had to deal with rent increases.

I've been in my current apartment for over a year and even though my rent contract says there should be a rent increase of 10% per year, it is only a one year contract so I imagine it has expired, and no one has asked me for additional rent.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
1) Yes, the law is in force. All deposits originating in a lease should be taken by the landlord to the Banco Agricola. Most landlords, however, don?t do it unless they have to start legal action against the tenant.

2) The landlord cannot legally increase the rent unilaterally. If he refuses to receive the rent previously established, then the tenant can deposit it at the Banco Agricola.